Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

dreams of 1.8L in 2.0L block shattered.

Old 04-18-2003, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon

Thanks Chris, whatever help you can give I'd appreciate it ....Random you too.
I want to do all the above too but I dont want to mess up man. Ive been without my Tibby for a year and a half so far. I want to piece it together right, as to not blow another motor.

Random what is your setup anyways? Mine is gonna use the 1.8 crank in a 2.0 block with 2.0 8:5:1 pistons. Sooo whats the name of the tools I will need for exact measurements?

Remember I posted up those pix of the 1.8 crank with 2.0 rod and 2.0 piston at TDC? How do you get a more exact measurement than that? Tools for sugestion?
Old 04-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

KillerShark68:
Random what is your setup anyways?
1.8L crank, domed pistions with custom shape (to match combustion chamber, 8.75:1 Compression ratio.

KillerShark68:
So whats the name of the tools I will need for exact measurements?
I can reccomend several good books about blueprinting to give you an idea of what is involved. Here's one that includes a list of tools, including the "must haves" "nice to haves" and "don't even think about it, you can't afford" tools.
"The Step-by-Step guide to Engine Blueprinting" (Practical methods for racing and rebuilding)
By "Rick Voegelin"
www.cartechbooks.com
Part # SA21
ISBN 1-884089-26-7
$18.95 at their site

[ April 20, 2003, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 04-20-2003, 12:13 AM

Thanks R, ordered the book today. Also ordered Maximum Boost: Desiging, Testing and Installing Turbocharger Systems (Paperback)

1.8L crank, domed pistions with custom shape (to match combustion chamber, 8.75:1 Compression ratio.
So your using the 2.0 block than right.

[ April 20, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: KillerShark68 ]
Old 04-21-2003, 02:58 AM

If you want a plethora of knowledge and don;t mind spending around $200+ on a book that will show you and explain to you almost everything I know today ---- NO - I don;t know where to buy it or who the author is, my copy is USED.... if you know what I mean.

Look for a book called the design and tuning of competition engines. This book will explain things to you regarding the internal combustion race type engines and designs that most engineers don't even know or have not even heard of.

These consepts and ideas have been used in GROUP N racing here in South Africa and PROVEN themselves as our team won the Group N Championship 3 years in a row! Each time a race was won, we were stripped on the spot and searched for Tricks and cheats.... they even went as far as weighing each gear and hydraulic lifter ..... they did not find the design.... it was on the piston rings, we machined them in a certain way that reduced drag and we picked up 6KW at the wheels which made the difference in the turns and on the straights....

The MSA board still do not know this mod to date!

Anyways point cut short --- this will inform you of PLENTY information probably more than you will ever need to know about!

Killer --- let me find you a 2.0 crank instead.... it will save you ALOT of trouble and money at the end of the day. I will then be able to supply you with rods for the 2.0 as I am currently manufacturing them.

The crank will not be alot - probably around $250.00 or so, and I will get it polished for you before I send it to you for free, if you decide to go this route.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:04 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Chris, I've read that book!!! Now how to steal *ahem* borrow it from the school library...
Old 04-21-2003, 01:40 PM

Chris alright I'll think about it but did you get my last emails? Read them first. I, might just forget this whole ordeal and just buy that crank off you.

Email me about what I asked in my email. Thanks smile.gif
Old 04-22-2003, 04:18 AM

This topic has gottena bt off_topi