Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

doing cam research

Old 12-28-2004, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fricken Deer

If it's not listed, contact Redz, he'll offer you assitance in aquiring one from Kspec.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:28 AM

Default Re: MSD ignition help

Its not listed. But yes, they do still sell it. Same price as the XD/GT cam. I got mine around this time last year.

REDZ will probably tell you to do the following :

Send an email to Sales @ kspec.com and in the email state the exact part that you would like to purchase. (Getting the part number from Hyundai will help, I dont remember what it is) David or REDZ will then create a "Special Order" page for you to order from.

or

Send the money via paypal and put the description of the desired part, and the part number in the notes secftion.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:49 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX
Default Re: A lil hint for winter driving

yeah, so jsut skip the REDZ part and email David, he should then send you a price for it.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Re: New Decal Design Contest...

I just chatted w/ REDZ on AIM.

To Purchase a 1.8L Beta Intake Cam :

Send a Paypal payment to Sales @ Kspec.com (Remove the spaces) for $109.00 USD + 3% for paypal fees = $112.27, and simply put in the notes section that you want to get a 1.8L Beta Intake cam.

Pending any shortages at Mobis (I had to wait for mine b/c Mobis did not have any in stock) you should have it within 10 days.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Global Warming

I got this over on HP a while ago. It sums everything up for you guys.

Old 12-28-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: selling my exhaust system

ok thanks tibwrcsbj I copied down the info you inputted and I will do so after I deposti my next paycheck.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:53 PM

Default Re: water/alternator pulley

interesting... I think some of those specs are off on the XD cam. According to that chart, it opens LATER than the stock 2.0 and closes earlier than the 1.8. I cannot see how it can be considered a 232 the same as the 1.8 Out of the three.. the 1.8 still seems the more aggressive.. BUT the XD cam has a higher lift on the valve.

Anybody notice the XD exhaust cam? It closes earlier than the 1.8 and 2.0 cams, would that work better for a turbo?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:45 AM

Default Re: DOn't understand , my tib works good in the snow???

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
interesting... I think some of those specs are off on the XD cam. According to that chart, it opens LATER than the stock 2.0 and closes earlier than the 1.8. I cannot see how it can be considered a 232 the same as the 1.8 Out of the three.. the 1.8 still seems the more aggressive.. BUT the XD cam has a higher lift on the valve.

Anybody notice the XD exhaust cam? It closes earlier than the 1.8 and 2.0 cams, would that work better for a turbo?

I think you would want more duration if running turbo. I still have a xd intake cam that I havn't installed. I might do this when I get back just to see the gains with the s/c. Might let Alpine install it just so I don't f*** it up or more so they can retune for it.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Dual voice coil subs

from everything I have read on the subject of cams and forced induction... too much duration is bad because you get overlap.. and all the compressed air goes in the intake and right out the exhaust ports without doing anything useful.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Hissing sound??!?

From what I gathered, its the other way around. There is more pressure on the exhaust side, so more overlap means less fresh air entering the cylinders.
This makes sense that there is less pressure from the turbo because friction steals some of the power that is used to create the boost on the intake side.

But still, less overlap the better for forced induction.