Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Different Oem Motor Mounts?

Old 02-07-2006, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am working on a set of DIY Urothane filled motor mounts for my 2.0l/98/5-speed tib, I have a spare set from a 97, auto, 1.8l tib that I was gonna use so that I didnt need to pull all of mine out. Now, right away I could see that the tranny mount was different for the 5 speed car, so I had to pull my tranny mount (NO, the car isnt going anywhere til spring, im not driving around with 3 motor mounts). Now im in the process of cleaning up these mounts and putting a fresh coat of paint on them when I go to look up there price from hyundai and what do i find? different motor mounts for auto and 5-speed cars, and for different years. Now, the chassis didnt change from 97-99 and the price book only lists one crossmember for the RD1 platform, so they should all fit fit in thier spaces. but, even the lower "sway stop bushings" (lower motor mounts) have different part numbers for 5 speed and auto cars, are one firmer than the other? which? has anybody tried this before or run into this problem?
Old 02-08-2006, 01:30 PM

The mounts are different between auto and manuals. The transmissions are shaped differently, so the brackets/housings are slightly different. The Auto is also 'smoother', and as such, can be firmer, but the manual is softer to absorb jerks from the driveline.

I'm not 100% sure if there is a difference between 1.8L and 2.0L, I personally doubt it. But there IS a difference between Auto and Manual.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:07 PM

Thanks man
For once a logical and complete answere, good job.