Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Fluid Replacment..

Old 02-12-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've been using a turkey baster or a suction tube to change out my fluids on my Hydraulic systems (Clutch, Power steering, brakes. Tommarow I'm going to change out my clutch fluid, is this a good idea?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, however you get it out of there is fine. (you are talking about removing the fluid from the reservoir right?) on the bleeding side you should use a bleeder.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

If you really want to flush the system, you should suck out as much as you can from the reservoir, then add some fresh dot 3 brake fluid. Next you should use the bleeder valve on the clutch slave cylinder to get all of the dirty fluid out of the line. Just have someone push on the clutch pedal for you when you open the valve (be sure to close the valve before they let go of the pedal, or you will get air in the system). Once clean fluid starts to come out of the valve, you know you are done. Then just fill up the reservior the rest of the way. Good luck with it.