Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

DECREASE YOUR SHIFTING TIME!!!!!! 4 FREE

Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

^^^

radu, check out my sig. It's clickable!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:56 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

lmao.gif
owned.gif
Old 11-03-2007, 02:18 PM

for those that are worried about this modification.. dont be. I put this out on another site in 03 when I was told about it from a friend @ HMA.

it give a more positive feel to the clutch pedal..I have 105k on my car now and 300hp with no problems.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

OK so I did this mod. today while changing my clutch line to the new SS braided line
My clutch fluid was 10 years old, what came out was not clutch fluid it was, clutch sludge. I clean out the container and actually flush the whole system by opening the bleed screw and letting new fluid flow till it came out clean. (By the way if you work in the medical field or have access to medical supplies, the tubing for numbaliser attach perfect to the bleeder of the clutch and breaks)

I was having trouble loosening the union bolt on the slave cylinder, Therefore I decided to take out the whole slave cylinder. Guess what I come to find out while doing that, The clip that goes thru the pin that holds the slave cylinder was completely missing, How scary is that. Imagine that pin comes out while shifting hard and you shift gears and run into major tranny grind resulting in tranny destruction, all because I was missing a $2 pin. The best part is that I had my tranny replaced under warranty at the dealer at 58.Miles, I'm sure. It was at the dealer they forget to put in the pin. I shaped a thick paper clip into a split pin in the meantime.

So I messed up and removed the valve but left spring.Put everything back how it was and bleed the system, clutch feels allot better. Should I go back and removed the spring? as well or leave it in. I'm thinking it should be the same thing because in reality what creates the flow restriction is the valve not the spring

PS: I hate every bolt that Hyundai puts in our cars they strip SO easily. I've replaced a lot of bolts in the car with new stainless machine bolts but forget to purchase a new Union bolt just in case .

To recap
should I go back and remove the spring?
What type of clip goes on that pin that attaches the slave cylender to the clutch lever?
Old 06-06-2009, 08:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

would this be useful on a N/A engine?
Old 06-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It's not an engine modification. It's an hydraulic system modification that allows your clutch to disengage normally. It is only useful if you don't suck at shifting.

The spring can be left unless it makes you crazy to think about it being in there. I undid the "banjo" bolt on the slave cylinder while the slave was mounted on the top of the transmission case, after figuring out it was too tight to remove otherwise.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

did this today
theres a difference
thanks for the heads up