Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

DECREASE YOUR SHIFTING TIME!!!!!! 4 FREE

Old 10-20-2007, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ok, I tried it and got stuck... I got the bleeder screw loose pretty easily enough, but the "Union Bolt" (see pic above) stripped. I have no idea how to get this off... Any ideas? I used way more than the suggested force to try to turn it, but got nothing. Do I need to drain the fluid first?
And what's the banjo bolt people keep mentioning, is that the union bolt?
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:51 PM

yes its the union bolt, i guess its time to break out the vice gips lol
Old 10-20-2007, 02:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Tried that, got them so tight the vice grips made a dent in the bolt, and it still slipped. Put WD-40 on the bolt too, to get it to break any rust or whatever and that didn't help either.
Do I need to drain the fluid first?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

if its that much of a pain in the ass.. don't bother.. this mod is pretty much useless anyway.. you can BARELY feel the difference in your shifting time..

i just wouldn't risk stripping the union bolt, and not being able to get it back on. or even worse, because its part stripped, going to put it back on and cross threading it.. all to feel your clutch engage a little harder..
Old 10-20-2007, 03:51 PM

i would say the same thing as socks, but if you are one of those people that must do it ( like me) with sum things try p.b. blaster its alot better for loosining bolts then wd-40
Old 10-20-2007, 06:16 PM

socks if you think you cant feel it you didnt do the mod, i remember my clutch feeling like it was slipping brand new, then i did this mod and it actually grabbed like it should, so this mod is not useless
Old 10-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif all these people trying to tell me different than i already know.. i love it..

if it made that 'big' of a difference, then you need to replace your clutch..

this is NOT even close to a light and day mod. you have to really know your car to even feel a difference. and even at that you can barely feel it.

the purpose of the spring is to make engagement a LITTLE more driver friendly, not A LOT.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (rollwitstyle @ Oct 20 2007, 08:16 PM)
socks if you think you cant feel it you didnt do the mod, i remember my clutch feeling like it was slipping brand new, then i did this mod and it actually grabbed like it should, so this mod is not useless

Socks knows his stuff when it comes to clutch/transmission. He helped me put a new clutch in my car thursday night/friday morning, so I can tell you that from personal experience.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:02 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I don't know, I really felt it, and my GF felt it too and she liked it a lot. But then again, my stock clutch is probably worn to hell lol
Old 10-23-2007, 04:27 PM

good job buddy you can install a clutch........ but the fact is if you couldnt feel it that much then you probably need a new clutch b/c i did the mod maybe 3000 miles after getting a new clutch and it was deff noticeable. i didnt realize being able to install a clutch made you the all knowing master of Hyundai slave cylinder restrictors hail.gif the force is strong within this one young padowa sterb029.gif