Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Custom Short Ram Intake

Old 06-25-2010, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Sonata
Default Custom Short Ram Intake

First post here, but I've been reading for a good while and working diligently on my car.

I have been running a custom hand-built intake I made for my 2008 2.4 L Sonata. I grew so tired of the lack of aftermarket/performance support for Hyundai, let alone the Sonata, I decided to go DIY.

The throttle response has been amazing, and the torque/HP increase has been VERY noticeable which I am pleased to say.

Here is a crappy pic (can't locate my good camera right now) of my intake. I am sanding down and putting a nice coat of red ceramic paint on it tomorrow.

Tell me what you guys think!

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/a...-intake-woo.jpg
Old 06-25-2010, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Sonata

Kinda surprised at the lack of enthusiasm, but here's the finished product. I just completed it about 30 mins ago. Almost 12 hours of work.

http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/c...nt=SAM_0026.jpg
Old 06-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Picture wasn't working for me earlier. Is that PVC? PVC has a nasty habit of emitting toxic fumes when it gets heated. If it's ABS you should be alright. If it's PVC the paint should help as long as it's a good solid coat. I would consider using this one as a template and making another out of ABS though.

It looks good though. Should work fine. smile.gif