Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

a cure for 2.7Ls fake duals..

Old 04-25-2002, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a cure for 2.7Ls fake duals..

im sure everyone will disagree and be turn there noses up at this idea so tell me a better oneto keep the wife happy and myself unless there is another company flowmaster has a single in dual out and it would be less restrictive.so cut the tips and connect them to the flowmaster,bam youve got 1 muffler instead of two,hopefully resulting in a lil extra power and alot better sounding.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:09 AM

I am not a hundred percent sure, but wouldn't that cause restriction of the exhaust? The only way I would say this would work, is their is enough volume to move the combined exhaust. But if you are planning on that their is a better idea.(As you hinted at wink )First you get a different, better flowing cat with single in/out. Then run one 2.5 or so pipe to your exhaust. This will reduce weight (no second pipe). This will also reduce any problems with turblance in the muffler. And it will be better cause you have a more free flowing cat. I am sure someone else can give you the size you would need.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:23 PM

Or you could just wait a little longer till the catback system from KORE goes on sale. There is a pic in me briefcase here http://briefcase.yahoo.com/crownman69 I know some other companies are working on systems but this is the only pic of one that I could find. They haven't given out an estimated price yet..
Old 04-25-2002, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Okay...first off, the V6 has TRUE DUALS. There are 2 mufflers and both of them are functional. There is NOTHING fake about it.

Second off, yes, the design at the "Y" split sucks, and an aftermarket exhaust can probably see some big gains.

There is NO ADVANTAGE to having 2 smaller diameter pipes running the full length. It is heavier to do this. It would be a disadvantage to do this.

having 1 larger diameter pipe that splits somewhere about the rear axle would preserve your "duals" but be functional and effective. If you wanted to go for 100% functional...go with one larger exhaust pipe, add in a resonator or two, and have just 1 larger muffler.