Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

COMPLETE EXHUAST

Old 05-04-2001, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMPLETE EXHUAST

i drive a 99 elantra, does anyone know how much horsepower i could get from replacing the entire thing. like getting a Blitz NUR spec universal muffler, Random technology super high flow cat, and then the shark racing 4-2-1 header, then all tied together with custom mandrel bent 2 and a half inch tubing. does anyone have any ideas on how much power i could achieve, and if i would notice a change in speed. i want to be fast but is this all worth it?????
Old 05-04-2001, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

To be honest, you will really only get gains with the headder. All the other stuff is really only needed if you go with forced induction or really wild Normally aspriated mods.

I would go with just the shark Racing 4-2-1 header, and whatever aftermarket muffer turns you on. If the cat is only going to get you 2 HP, I seriously doubt that a $600 Random Technologies unit is going to gain any more than 1 HP, same with the larger diamter exhaust tubing. You're simply not flowing enough exhaust gasses to NEED the 2.5" piping.