Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Cold Air intake

Old 02-12-2005, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I believe eBay CAI's usually come with K&N filter, mine did...?
Why r u making your own? Do you like the one you have now? If it's a replica of the AEM (AEM style, same tubing, etc.) then it's a fairly good intake, just not show quality. That's what I have. What benifits do you think you will gain from making your own...don't forgot to make a hole for IAT sensor, and if you want to get creative make an outlet for a bypass valve (all though you'll probabkly never use it)....
Old 02-12-2005, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

I have a Rev'A automatic 97 tib. The Aem Cai fits.
The problem you will have:
Evap canister- The canister is in the way of your intake filter. So you have to remove it or relocated it. This is what i did http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/t...pic.php?t=25610 . Some parts from Home depot should do the trick.
The corner of the cai pipe will be tight to your tranny. My pipe is scratched up down there but im pretty sure you can put like foam or somthing there so it wont be metal and metal contact.
Also, the battery connector would be very close to youor intake pipeing. If you have the cap that goes over it, then you can probally zip tie it on tight. If not, you have to some how put somthing in between so that they wont touch.

Good luck.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:38 PM

QUOTE (rd1tib)
I have a Rev'A automatic 97 tib. The Aem Cai fits.
The problem you will have:
Evap canister- The canister is in the way of your intake filter. So you have to remove it or relocated it. This is what i did http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/t...pic.php?t=25610 . Some parts from Home depot should do the trick.
The corner of the cai pipe will be tight to your tranny. My pipe is scratched up down there but im pretty sure you can put like foam or somthing there so it wont be metal and metal contact.
Also, the battery connector would be very close to youor intake pipeing. If you have the cap that goes over it, then you can probally zip tie it on tight. If not, you have to some how put somthing in between so that they wont touch.

Good luck.

I didn't do any of that stuff. I just took out the full airbox assembly and threw it in the trunk...then put the intake on

Maybe that is why my EVAP code keeps going off, hmm?
Old 02-12-2005, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

you probably just snagged a wire or hose down there on the evap cannister. Don't think you broke anything, just check all the connections of the hoses