Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Wont Disengage, Help!

Old 04-13-2007, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my winter car is actually a 98 accent with a 1.8l beta motor swapped into it, im using the accent transmission with a valeo clutch from a 93 Scoupe turbo (this is compatible with the tiburon flywheel and the accent clutch fork). The car has been on the road all winter with no problems until I was out doing stupid things in it last week, I was driving her a little hard and it started giving me difficult shifts in first and second gear, I assumed I took a few teeth off becasue the car continued to drive ok after that, just a little shaky at take off.

Over the last week it has gotten progressivly worst to the point that today when i was out I could not get the clutch to disengage at all, this means that in first gear with the clutch pedal on the floor and the engine running she goes anyway, scary. I managed to power shift my way all the way home and I got it back in the driveway and gave it a once over, clutch master cylinder and slave seem to be doing their thing and I havent lost any fluid, anyone been through this? Any ideas? my first feeling was that is was that the clutch disk had stuck on the transission input shaft and was pressing against the flywheel, but i dont think that would casue this much trouble.

My tib goes back on the road soon, but she still needs a fair bit of work before she is ready. So I need a few more weeks out of my hatchling, the only suggestion I have gotten so far is replace the clutch master, i might find some time tomorrow afternoon to tinker with her some more.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:52 PM

Uh, dude, could you please seperate this in paragraphs it's kinda hard to read...
Old 04-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Update
I bled the clutch system today just so that I could rule it out, I noticed that I could push the piston on the slave cylinder in by hand, i didnt think that was possible, i am deffinently not losing fluid from anywhere.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

Bent fork?

Bad T.O. bearing?

Contaminated hydraulic fluid?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:26 PM

I was getting a hissing sound from the clutch when it idled in nuetral when the clutch was out, it could be the T.O. bearing, perhaps one of my flywheel bolts backed itself out and pressed the clutch disk against the pressure plate, and as it came out further I slowly lost the clutch. Right now im thinking that I broke a flywheel to crank bolt and that the head has gotten itself wedged in somewhere important, im going to adjusting the pedal itself as a last try but my next step is to tear it apart, if I really go at it I can probubly have it all said and done in one day.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:38 AM

Alright, I tore it apart on tuesday and it turns out I was half right, my flywheel bolts are fine but 2 of the springs on the inside of the clutch disk came apart and shrapnel from them got between be clutch disk and the flywheel. The flywheel was alright and the clutch was under warrenty with 8000kms on it, putting it back together today.