Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

New Clutch And Flywheel Are In Now

Old 04-18-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my car back from the shop.
Now, I have a brand new Fidanza flywheel along with south bend TZ series clutch set.

Results:
0. No vibration or noise at all during shifting except the first gear. Clutch grabs like dream and so smooth transition. Lovin' it!!

1. I can't go directly to the first gear. I have to go to the second gear first, and then I can put the first gear in.

2. Before the new clutch and flywheel, i can put the first gear with only one finger without any problem at all unlike many other members who have first gear problem here. Should I try to adjust the linkage on the shifter assembly? Anyone knows how to adjust it?

3. Metal squeaking noise from the tranny whenever start the car, and sometimes it's very hard to start the car. The guy who did the job said the noise is coming from the flywheel area where the starter and flywheel tooth meet. he said there's some little gap between two gears on the flywheel and starter. Any Fidanza guys here have same problem? any fix for that?

4.I also put Redline MT90 gear oil.
So, I brought it back to the shop with the instructions from RDtiburon.com how to put the clutch together for our cars.
They said they did exactly what the instruction stated. Also they bled the clutch once again just to make sure.
everything works perfect except the first gear problem and metal squeaking noise when startup.
Anyone has any suggestion?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:16 PM

Well first gear "probleme" is actually not a problem, that's how our cars are built from what i know, so you wont mess up and put it in first gear while going in high speed.

Dont know about the squeeking problem you have.

BTW i dont have a Fidanza, i just wanted to let you know about the first gear setup.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:26 PM

why would I try to put the first gear while the car is moving?? nana.gif
You need to put the first gear in order to move the car from 0 mph. The only time you use the first gear is when you start moving the car forward.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:53 PM

Lol, sorry, i mis-understood what you were saying about the first gear... ponder.gif
Old 04-20-2007, 07:34 PM

must be a problem with the south bend... cause i have an act with the fidanza. tell me this, when you rev your motor, does it seem like it slows down (when just reving and on the way down to idol) at certian levels for just a second and then goes down fast and pauses till its back at idol
Old 04-21-2007, 02:05 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

yuo might want to play a bit with the clutch master cylinder rod and stopper..

unscrew the cluthc stopper a bit to get more pedal travel and lenthen the clutch rod a bit
you get acces to both of them by looking under your dash board
going by memory al lyou need is a 12mm wrench