Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Problem

Old 11-12-2006, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys i got 6 puck ceramic XTD clutch inside right now and after like 15,000 miles i drove on it i started to expirience some scary sh*t first thing is when i'm turning right (90 degrees turn) and putting it in gear by that time when i'm releasing my clutch pedal (while still turning) my pedal is stickin in for like second and then it's out ??? what that could be
and second thing NOT ALL THE TIMES but pretty much alot when i'm switchin the gear 1-2 and 2-3 i can hear some metal to metal noise that coming out from clutch i dunno if my clutch disk is gone already (shouldn't tho) but maybe and one question
like i already said this clutch disc , pressure plate and bearing has been driven bout 15-000 miles if i'm just gonna replace clutch disc??? without bearing and plate is that can be done????
thanks
here's the picture of clutch disc
Old 11-13-2006, 04:32 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

DESCRIPTION:

This bulletin provides parts information for the new clutch release shaft upper and lower bushings that are produced from a different material.

PARTS INFORMATION:

INTERCHANGEABILITY: NOTEThese new bushings may be used to reduce a "squeak" or "squawk" noise in vehicles produced before 11/17/01 (Transmission #963248) using the following procedure.
PROCEDURE:
  1. Confirm that the vehicle was produced before 11/17/01.
  1. Confirm the "squeak" or "squawk" noise in the vehicle as follows:
    1. Open the vehicle hood with the engine off
    1. Have someone operate the clutch pedal
    1. Listen for the noise in the top bushing area
  1. Replace the upper and lower bushings with the bushings identified with the >N66<
    mark as shown in the "PARTS INFORMATION"
    on page 1 of this TSB. Follow the bushing replacement procedure outlined in the appropriate shop manuals.
NOTEAll Hyundai parts distribution centers have new bushings in stock.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:28 AM

fing02.gif Idk, just sell me your wing and it will be all good.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:43 PM

NOOO LOL I"M NOT GIVING MY WING TO NOONE smile.gif love it sharky style smile.gif
and thanks DrivingTibNaked for that post but this noise only apears when i'm driving when i'm staying in place nothing dunno why 02.gif
and i gotta feeling that this sound making those 2 metal peaces at each puck of the clutch disk IMHO