Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Pedal Doesnt Want To Go All The Way Down

Old 03-25-2007, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

well i was gona give you a call 341am but decided to stop working on it today and just finish it up tomorrow so just made a thread of it

the axles arnt in and i didnt start the vehicle yet so it might not really be a problem but its severly bugging me since i've worked on it yesterday and today

everything is connected besides the large center bar underneath that holds the 2 tranny/engine mounts, need new bolts and a tap to do it and everything is closed at this time on sunday, and there are no axles or fluid in and i didnt bleed the clutch either but i never really disconnected anything that would allow air inside the lines so im thinking it wouldnt be the problem

when i press the clutch it only goes about 1/3 to half of the way down, im pretty sure i wont be able to start the car like that, the only way it goes to the floor is if i have someone push on the slave cylinder (that thing that has the long rubber grommet connected to the fork in the bell housing that holds the TOB and has 2 screws holding it directly to the top of the tranny) and they push towards the rear of the vehicle, as long as someones pushing on it it works like the oem clutch i had and the clutch pedal reaches to the floor

did i mess something up here? like hardcore or is normal, east fix or whats going on? 02.gif
Old 03-25-2007, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You need to snap the Throw Out Bearing into the Pressure plate.

do this by removing the release arm and turning it upside down, then push the arm toward the firewall. Youll hear a snap and then you re-assemble the assembly.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

i honestly dont get that =/

i have a slight messed up image of what you could possibly mean but it really isint clicking

alright well i didnt do it the way you mentioned since turning it upside down would involve it doing a full 180, and it is keyed so dont think the hose will reach, but regardless i did push and heard a snap and it works fine now

thanks smile.gif

bugged me yesterday cause i heard it and pushed it a few times but it still didnt want to work, guess i just needed some time away from it or something
Old 03-26-2007, 12:04 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Lol i was just about to bust out this picture and show you what i was talking about

but its good that you got it. fing02.gif