Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clank Click Clack

Old 06-02-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so it has been about a week since me and steve changed the cv joints and clutch everything is fine with that except when

I turn sharp or stop abruptly causing weight to shift in the engine area I hear a loud clank sound. Then after driving it while

thinking about what it could be we decided to lift the car again and just look around when we jacked the car up from the front

(it was on the crossmember tail lip part) it got off the ground I would say about a foot or so and made the sound again... So I

need some help lol, motor mounts, control arms..? Any ideas at all would be really helpful
Old 06-02-2008, 08:41 PM

I would say wheel bearing may be something to check, although it sounds like it may be worse than just that..unfortunately. When you have the car jacked up shake the wheel and see if u can hear the noise. You shouldn't be able to shake it at all.

I doubt it's that though.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:06 PM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Check all your mounts, check the bolts that hold the cross member to the car... I doubt it would be a wheel bearring... they are more of a howling...
Old 06-03-2008, 11:37 AM

ya I am going to have my mounts checked, I was just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions to get looked at while I am at the shop? Or if anyone else has had this problem
Old 06-03-2008, 05:53 PM

If the motor mounts are suspected, get a helper to watch the engine mounts while you (sitting in the car) slightly rock the engine back and forth using your clutch, along with 1st and Reverse. If there's a bunch of moving going around, then you know what the problem is.

Check the ball joints for play too. Mine were done for at 104K miles. Jack the car up by the lower control arm on each side, and then using a large bar of some sort, lift up on the wheel while someone watches for play.