Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Car wont start cauz clutch engage only 1/2 while pedal floor

Old 12-09-2004, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need everyone's opinion

What up!
Ok, Winter approached, and now when I press down my clutch pedal, and try to start engine and nothing happens... i press clutch down the most i can, i even took carpets out. I played with it a bit, and now i got extreme play while pressing down before it engages clutch. I noticed a screw right behind the pedal, if i play with this, you think i can tight it and it'll give me more reach to actually press the clutch pedal down more and engage the switch to start engine? I'm tired of clutching 9999 times before starting the car, sometimes takes me 30 minutes of clutch/key motion before car starts. Please lemme know before i start playing with this and f**k it up more than it is... Thanks
Old 12-09-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Some nice Race Type Tiburons

You will need to bleed the slave cylinder fluid.

simple fix smile.gif
Old 12-09-2004, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Some nice Race Type Tiburons

nice thanks, but how do i do that man, how do i bleed it?, u mean unscrewing something and leat some fluid out is that it? could you please explain to me how?
thanks
Old 12-09-2004, 04:12 PM

I am unsure that bleeding the fluid will fix his problem. He is dealing with the clutch/start safety switch that is inside the car. I would think there is some sort of adjustment on it... Personally, it is one of those things I have scheaduled for temination. I HATE it.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: Bright blue bmwbenz headlights

I agree with M-M. It sounds like a problem with the switch (look it up on webtech) not the clutch. It sounds like you've fvcked up the adjustment on the pedal though while you've been messing around.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:21 PM

Default Re: the official RD REDZ ROAST!!!!!!!!

Here:

http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.a...id=12073#_12073

Check the ignition lock switch, make sure it's working fine, if it is, you'll need to adjust it and move it up a bit with some washers, or the set screw on the pedal moves down.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Rear Brake Pad compatibility

Ok thanks guys!
I appointed the hyundai 96k service 4 for next week, so ill let them handle these adjustments. I called in service center, and they say i might have miscircuit in start switch and i screwed it up by playing with the clutch... i love hyundai service, its not like those show off toyota or other dealers that dont have time for their customers, always good service for me with Hyundai! You guys know everything, im glad i subscribed here... anyway im a bit off topic, but i thank you very much for info!