Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Car Taking A Crap On Way To Work.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this morning on the way to work my car started to die/bog out really bad so i pulled over... and watched my rpms drop all the way down to 200 rpms... then I saw my check engine light on. I shut off my car turned it back on check engine light was still on and the car was working again. I drove a ltitle further it did the same thing again. So I went home and checked for codes and it came up as p0134 (Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1 �“ no acitivty detected Wiring open circuit, heating inoperative, HO2S Oxygen sensor (O2S) 1, bank 1 �“ no activity detected Wiring, O2S). Does this mean my oxygen sensor is bad. I'm sure it was never replaced. and why would it make my car almost shut off from bogging out. Thanks for your help in advance
Old 02-22-2008, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2006 Kia Spectra5

Sounds like the connector or wire broke.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check right now to see if my wires got disconnected/ripped off. I had to extend them when I put my new exhaust on.

Update: FIXED.. You were correct bmxdad the one wire got ripped out somehow 02.gif. It was a pain in the ass to strip wires underneath my car. Wish I had a car lifter haha
Old 02-23-2008, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2006 Kia Spectra5

Glad you got it fixed.

If the wires is dangling you might want to get some wire hangers. Just a metal loop covered in plastic that is held in place with a sheet metal screw.