Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Car Seems To Choke

Old 03-04-2010, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey whats up, I took automatic tibby open headers with no oxygen sensor attached all the way down to the exhaust shop in L.A with no problem. I had them do a custom bolt on from the header all the way down to the stock muffler. It was great and it was quite, but on the way home my car started idling really terrible, almost like if it was choking and when I gave it gas it would respond late. So I took it home and found out that one of the oxygen sensors was left out, and I tried to plug it on the exhaust but it was all shut. Now I have had this problem before on the same tiburon where it bogs out and idles funny, but I put gas and it went back to normal, but this time the car has just below half gas and its giving me the same problem, not to mention that I can smell fumes, I have no idea why its bogging out again.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

First of all.... what!?
Spelling mistakes, wrong words used, Horrible grammar... This hurts my head.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:23 AM

it hurts my head you cant read, and be of the solution 02.gif
Old 03-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

mad.gif

It hurts your warning level you can't take constructive criticism. That was hardly the first time somebody tells you your post sucks.

Your post sucks.

If it were up to me, nobody would help you until you broke it up into a legible, comprehensible series of paragraphs. Block of text FAIL
Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I think you should put the o2 sensors back in, then disconnect the battery for a minute (push brakes, turn on headlights) then reconnect and see how it does. That should reset the ECU and since the o2's are working you should be in the clear.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:06 AM

yes I plan to, but like I said the car is not drivable at all, so I think am a have it towed over to the shop. The sensor that was left out has split in the middle so am a have to replace it 02.gif I think that I'll just leave my automatic tibby to rest for the time being and just finish my turbo project. I already have the bearings that I was waiting for so its really up to me to go pay the rest of the machining and get my fx up and running as soon as possible.