Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Fuel Rail Threading

Old 03-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Fuel Rail Threading

Can someone confirm that the end of a beta2's fuel rail is threaded 3/8 BPT? That is the claim on exd, but I wanted to see if anyone else knows for sure. Thanks. I thought it would be easier to locate the stock fuel pressure adapter thing, but a "normal" adapter seems like it is the cheaper/easier route. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Well, Beta 1 is definately 3/8", as it is on lots of non-Hyundai vehicles. I'd assume it's the same on the Beta 2, but I've never verified.

Just make sure you dont put the regulator on the rail, or any other load. I've snapped 2 trying the "clean" look, but ended up just building a new and stronger rail.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Mar 8 2010, 03:41 AM)
Well, Beta 1 is definately 3/8", as it is on lots of non-Hyundai vehicles. I'd assume it's the same on the Beta 2, but I've never verified.

That's good enough for me. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have to use the hyundai adapter because they wanted to be different/odd. Once I get around to it Ill go pick up an adapter and see how it goes.