Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Car Dying Periodically

Old 06-20-2008, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01/Hyundai/Tiburon

well car starts up fine, no problem with idle, no big signs of problems just ever now and then when i pop the clutch slowing down it just up and shuts off and then i can just start it right back up no problem there either.
now i was thinking tps or cps....now ive never changed the cps but i have changed the tps maybe a couple years ago so i dont know how often they seem to have to be changed but is it really that often? i dont know though let me know what you all think and what else it could be
thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 11:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

same thing happened to me. its happened about 4 or 5 times in the last 2 months. i dont know what the hell it is. im tryin to pay attention to see if something is triggering it but i cant catch on. ill watch this thread and hope for an answer.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:18 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Usually problems like that originate from the Idle Air Bypass Valve or the tubing to and from it.
a quick fix until you can find the true source of the problem would be to turn the idle screw on the throttle body a few turns clockwise. it'll raise idle and may be annoying but probably won't die when coming down off rpms..