Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Cams are IN and so are the headers and ...

Old 08-08-2001, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR
Default Cams are IN and so are the headers and ...

Got the cams installed on Monday.

I wasn't expecting a big difference but its surprising how noticeable they are.
In general the ride is smoother and the car pulls away better too.

Previously pulling away would involve slow acceleration followed by a sudden 'burst' of power as the revs rose into the 'optimum rev range'. Now it is a smoother, steadier acceleration.

Accelerating at low revs in 3, 4 or 5 gear (like when the car in front turns off and you slow down with changing down a gear) is also noticeably improved.

Not bad for a freebie!!

Today I am having my 421 SR headers installed, along with a stainless steel cat-back system. The cat will need to be removed from the stock header and welded into the new system.

I hoping to get some dyno runs done too, depending on how much funds the rest of the work takes up.

smile.gif

Its now 10am and I can't wait until the works done!! (Anywhere between now and 5pm)

Sometimes I wish I was more patient...I'll probably get less work done today than yesterday!
Old 08-09-2001, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

DYNO, DYNO, DYNO!

So...? Waiting for updates!
Old 08-09-2001, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

They were going to dyno it for me but its being pissing down with rain for the last week (not like england at all) and the dyno machine has got all fukt up...