Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

cam/bbtb/airram related Q's

Old 11-13-2004, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark plug question...

ok i've got a couple questions...

1. I've read the threads about the 1.8L cam and was just wondering where to get it. i think i read somthing about hp.com having it. i also read somthing about a GT cam. I dont know much about cams...Where would i find this one and whats the difference between that one and the other one.

2. This question deals with BBTB & RamAir. I see that i can purchase both at Kspec.com but which ones are they. There are multiples of them both. Tiburon Beta I Throttle Body & Turbulence Beta I Throttle Body also the same with the Airram. Im guessing that it doesn't matter which one i purchase because it lists my car under both, But then why have two different ones?

I ask these questions because i plan to purchase an Exaust,BBTB,Airram, and cams all at the same time. From what i read they work well togther.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:38 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default cam/bbtb/airram related Q's

You can get the cam at the Hyundai dealer also.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Spark plug question...

kspec can get you the cam cheaper than anywhere else and you KNOW you will get it because kspec has been proven to be reliable.
Also the only place you can get the Air Ram is from kspec.

Iceman just came out with throttle bodies for our car. a 70mm one and a 62mm one i believe. Both a $299, its up to you. If you get the 70mm one you'd need something to tune the additional air coming in and its what i would recommend if you are going turbo
Old 11-13-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Hard time starting....

As far as cams, go with the 1.8. You can go with the XD but there's some convtroversey about this cam. You should do a search on this as there's been alot of discussion about this in the past.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: cam/bbtb/airram related Q's

QUOTE (01tibby341)
1. I've read the threads about the 1.8L cam and was just wondering where to get it. i think i read somthing about hp.com having it. i also read somthing about a GT cam. I dont know much about cams...Where would i find this one and whats the difference between that one and the other one.

The 1.8 Intake cam is available thru Kspec.com, it's the one you want, not the GT cam. We DO sell both. Paypal $109 to sales@kspec.com and in the comments block put that you want a 1.8L Intake Cam.

Simple.

The GT Cam is too hard on our engines.

2. This question deals with BBTB & RamAir. I see that i can purchase both at Kspec.com but which ones are they. There are multiples of them both. Tiburon Beta I Throttle Body & Turbulence Beta I Throttle Body also the same with the Airram. Im guessing that it doesn't matter which one i purchase because it lists my car under both, But then why have two different ones?

Well, either airram for the Turbulence or Tiburon will work, as it's the SAME ENGINE, the beta 1. You have a RD2, which is known as the Turbulence in Korea. Now you know.

For the BBTB's, if you are not going turbo any time soon, get the RSide Adjustable, or wait for the new Iceman 60MM BBTB. If you have a turbo or are GOING turbo, get the 70MM from Iceman and just wait to install it when the turbo goes in. Don't go bigger than 62MM on a bbtb for NA apps.

I ask these questions because i plan to purchase an Exaust,BBTB,Ramair, and cams all at the same time. From what i read they work well togther.

What Exhaust are you gonna get?

If you are getting headers, you NEED to get in on the Maintec Header Group Buy in the Group Buy section, you will NOT find a better set of headers.

Ramair? Or AIRRAM?

wink.gif
Old 11-13-2004, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Type R Wing Group Buy *CLOSED*

QUOTE (REDZMAN)

The GT Cam is too hard on our engines.

I know and understand why you are saying this. However, did you personnally see a case of prematured wear caused by this cam?

I have done over 10-15000km with it and everything is still running quite smooth. A friend of mine did over 40 000km and when he changed his XD cam for a set of more aggressive cams, everything was A1. No sign of wear what so ever.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: cam/bbtb/airram related Q's

I don't think the XD cam is the same as the GT cam, and no, I've not personally seen a case of it. But, with how small the Hyundai group is, you can't discount everything you hear.

If he wants to get the GT, I won't stop him.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: FS: Custom COLORED Shift Boots!

Myabe be a highjack but what is the difference just more lift and duration?? If it is a significant increase there would be a problem but if it is a slight increase like that of the 1.8 cam it should be okay. No???
Old 11-13-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Yet another stupid newbie question

What is the difference between a GT and the XD cam?
Old 11-13-2004, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Went on a Door Ding/Dent Hunt

The XD has a higher lift BUT it has a nipple on it that is for timming..it can increase or decrease your timming 5degrees..no one know for sure. You can't cut if off either...why, I forgot. Someone dynoed it and claimed to loose alot of top end horsepower because of the timming thing. You should do a search and go to the old HA site and do a search there too.