Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Big-Bore benefit?

Old 05-29-2001, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big-Bore benefit?

By putting a big bore intake on a tibby from SR, what sort of performance benefits do you get, does it void warranty? How hard is it?
I'm tring to look for everything that'll give me a edge wink.gif Course keeping it NA. smile.gif
Turbo's later wink.gif

ta
-nico
Old 05-29-2001, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The OnPol Special BBTB and BIM dyno'ed at 3 WHP and 1 Ft. lb of torque, with a SR Airbox setup. We've got to test it again with the Shark Racing "barney" BTB.

Hopefully Yamaneko and I can do this soon.

Yes, it would probably void any intake related warranty, but you could always put your stock unit back on when you go in for service.
Old 05-30-2001, 02:23 AM

Random was that ported? the whp I believe but the torque, it should gain 10 ft lbs below 2500 rpm and 2-3 more at max.
Old 05-30-2001, 02:42 AM

10ftlbs of torque? Damn, that's a pretty big gain, why don't more people do it? Obviously it would work better with a CAI. How hard is it to put on. I read something somewhere where it requires drilling and cutting of the part it connects to. Is this true? I was hoping for a good "bolt-on" solution.

Ok, assuming you get the full 140bhp with stock. How mutch would it get up to with a big-bore and a CAI?

Do CAI void intake warranty?I ask this because I'm taking it for a checkup this weekend, and I don't want them to have a ****-fit because I have a big ****ing tube connected to the MAF.

thankx
Old 05-30-2001, 03:24 AM

the 10 lbs is only at lower rpm, it goes away at higher revs, and 2-3 more at max, you guys should read my increasing power FAQ, every mod works differently from another, and adding 5 hp lower then another 5 hight does not give you a 10 hp gain. you will still have that same 5 hp but now it's across the power band.
Old 05-30-2001, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by Brendan:
Random was that ported? the whp I believe but the torque, it should gain 10 ft lbs below 2500 rpm and 2-3 more at max.

I'll dig out the dyno runs, but if I remember right, it showed no real gains till the top end, and then it only showed 3 Whp and 1 ft lb.

I agree with you Brendan...that the mod FEELS like more torque and HP...but...the dyno says different.

The only other think I can think of is because Bradley did the dyno runs on different days...that dyno jet was not 100% calibrated correctly. But Xtreempc's tibby dyno'ed in within a few HP of batlords...