Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Better Fuel Milage?

Old 03-31-2003, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better Fuel Milage?

I got an e-mail regarding this product. Electromagnetic inductance filter (using resonance frequency). I learned about these types of filters but uh, only for electronics. I've never thought that this could be used for the properties of fuel. It's suspose to improve fuel economy... Gimmick or not? Clicky!

I just bought a GTV6 6speed (so far about 255 miles on it) and uh the fuel mileage sucks. I haven't even hammered the car yet (break in) so i've been ginger on the gas but i'm down to a 1/4 tank and i've only traveled 196 miles. I think it'll improve some during the 'break in' but not too much. Definintley nothing like my '97 tib. (28mpg city 32 highway!) And it sucks 'cause i drive 40 miles a day to and from work round trip. *sigh* I hope this product acutally works. I could use better fuel economy! help

EDIT: As i was reading i clicked the "test results" link and noticed something funny under the first test car they listed....
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Liter V-TEC 8 Cylinder Engine???!!!???? beat_dow What the heck? Since when did GM vehicles come with V-TEC?

[ April 02, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Koreandude ]
Old 04-02-2003, 09:53 AM

The link didn`t work on my browser,so I couldn`t check out the device in question, but several similar-sounding magnetic fuel-line attachments have been marketed here in the U.K., usually for the equivalent of about $49.95.
They claim to work by stopping hydrocarbon molecules clumping together in the same way as limescale in water or yeast in beer-lines (2 other markets for the same type of equipment).
Anyway, to test the theory, I broke four 1/2" dia.magnets out of the plastic casings of some office chart-holders & pushed them into the loose plastic sleeve which covers the last 6" of fuel-line on my car, before it joins the fuel rail.
I positioned one pair at one end of the sleeve, each side of the pipe at `twelve-thirty` (magnets attracting) & the other pair at the other end of the sleeve in the `quarter-to-three` position, with magnets repelling.
To my amazement, the engine ran & idled more smoothly, performance improved generally and fuel economy was noticeably better!.
All for free!. smile.gif wink lol
Old 04-02-2003, 10:03 AM

Wow that's great news! Like i said, i could use any increase in fuel economy with the V6 with as much as i drive (to and from work). I think i'm going to buy this thingy. Sorry about the link. It was e-mailed to me as some sort of advertisment and the URL was a bunch of numbers so it probably wasn't a permanent thing. I'll try and find it again. Thanks Valk!
Old 04-02-2003, 11:28 AM

the site says $96 for one these? I think its a scam. And if its not a scam, i'm pretty sure that you could rig one together for ALOT cheaper than $100.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like a ferrite loop that are used to remove magnetic interference from cables.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

www.jcwhitney.com has them for under $20.

They don't work. My dad bought me a one as a gift. No improvement in fuel economy, idle, or anything. I tried it on my car, and on my 2 motorcycles. I keep records of every fill up and oil change, etc..etc..etc. No improvment whatso ever.

They are strong fricking magnets though!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:18 AM

Here's the site that was sent to me...http://www.3636598.com