Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Best cheap OEM mod

Old 02-22-2005, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went to the junk yard today and picked up the elantra 1.8 ecu. when I called they said they had one, but it turns out they got 5 of them. so I will be going back on pay day to get all of them so i will have 4 of them for sale or maybe trade next week so I already prommised zoned019 one if I could find it any other people wanting one pm me
Old 02-22-2005, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

QUOTE (SuPaDuPa)
went to the junk yard today and picked up the elantra 1.8 ecu. when I called they said they had one, but it turns out they got 5 of them. so I will be going back on pay day to get all of them so i will have 4 of them for sale or maybe trade next week so I already prommised zoned019 one if I could find it any other people wanting one pm me

Dibs on 1 if you will send it to OZ, and if it will be suitable for a MAP car.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

also dibs. sent pm just awhile ago wink1.gif
Old 02-22-2005, 02:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (SuPaDuPa)
Im guessing this ecu swap is not good for nitrous. it is obvious that the 1.8 leans the fuel and advances timing....has anyone tryed nitrous with this swap on the 2.0.

It may not be. But for a small shot, I don't see issues. Not like you are spraying ALL the time.

QUOTE (JalemX)
wouldn't it be better to just get a safc? This way you could change it yourself if you did go turbo.

No.

Also, SAFC2 = $250 & PITA Wiring , 1.8L ECU = $25

QUOTE (zoned019)
so has anyone been able to come up with a good idea for obtaining the ecu? i searched carpart, ebay, and on here, and there is really no place that tells you where you can get the ecu that we are looking for for cheap.

hey redz, what would you compare the gains (that you felt) to? same as a cai? bbtb? plugs/wires? other?

www.car-part.com is where I see them a LOT. Look around in other regions. I got mine on Ebay for $19.

Gains? It's hard to explain, let's just say it feels like your car LOOKS. You know? You hit the gas and you GO. No bogging. It's great.

QUOTE (zoned019)
:-( no junkies around here with elantras/tibs, unless i wanted to drive for 1-3 hours..supadupa find another one smile.gif

Most of those guys will ship. Just make sure it's the ENGINE ECU and not the TRANNY ECU. Several folks have recieved the TRANNY ECU.

QUOTE (TibRacer01)
I would definatly try this if I wasn't installing my turbo in a few months.

WTF, I might as well try it in the mean time, its not like this mod is going to break me. smile.gif

True. And then you can sell it if you don't like it on your turbo.

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe)
So will this work if I have a 97 Tib with MAP? Do I still use the 1.8L ECU from a 98 Elantra?

It should, and yes. You CAN USE THE 1.8l ECU from the 98 Tib too. But you'll find, for the same part, it's more expensive.

QUOTE (sharkev)
Just for a question I have been warned?. Ok.

Thanks REDZMAN!............. Other people answer the question i made.

Yes, you did. I stated why. You keep asking questions that are allready answered. ALL THE TIME.

No one asked the same questions, and no one else does that ALL THE TIME>

QUOTE (hamhead)
We don't know what it does to create gains or how much of a gain it creates, thats the problem. tongue.gif

Exactly. But Agarwal has got a 1.8L ECU now and is going to decrypt the programming for us so we should know soon.

I can try to find a few of these ECU's if anyone wants.

Let me know guys.

And Dweet's problem came from something similar, he had a 97 Tiburon 1.8L ECU, at first, it was a REV A. Don't get that one.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

will these ecu's throw the same codes? and read the same? i dont know if im being very clear with that... but basically will the cel come on when it is supposed to in every case and will it report the same thing? i assume so, but just checkin
Old 02-22-2005, 03:12 PM

Id like dibs on the 1.8 ECU please!! Thanks! *Unless I can find a bunch locally*

*Btw.. Does anyone know the '98 Elantra ECM part number? I tried to find it on webtech but I couldnt 02.gif Thanks!
Old 02-22-2005, 03:47 PM

dibbs are called on them now....ill keep ya all posted ill pm everone back that got dibs......... first 3 people that pm me
Old 02-22-2005, 03:52 PM

Ok.. So you posted that you need a '98 Elantra 1.8 ECU.. Arent all 96-99 (maybe 98) ECU's the same? No matter from tiburon or elantra?

I found a 97 Elantra 1.8 ECU is why I ask.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (TibMinn)
will these ecu's throw the same codes? and read the same? i dont know if im being very clear with that... but basically will the cel come on when it is supposed to in every case and will it report the same thing? i assume so, but just checkin

Same codes as what? Yeah, they should. If you are having some problems and not getting a CEL, you could always swap the 2.0 back in real quick.

QUOTE (iamcyclopseatme)
Ok.. So you posted that you need a '98 Elantra 1.8 ECU.. Arent all 96-99 (maybe 98) ECU's the same? No matter from tiburon or elantra?

I found a 97 Elantra 1.8 ECU is why I ask.

Well, you can try the others, but the problem is that 97 and earlier Elantras also had a Rev A. So you may get a CEL. Maybe not.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

im sur ethe rev A ecu is different. dont get it. get one from 98 or 99.

and someone please start a thread in the for sale section for whoever is rounding up ecus. that stuff doesnt belong here.