Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

ATTN :Speedblind or Random!!!

Old 08-26-2001, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN :Speedblind or Random!!!

Guys whats up
Anyways,there has got to be a way of getting rid of the CEL when we put the 5 speed in our cars.I went to the shop today and they scanned my car.
This is what the code reads!!!
P1613 Mil Request-Signal High

If im not mistaken i think it means that it cant locate the Tranny (TCM)Did you get the same code as i did?
Old 08-26-2001, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

MIL the check engine light (CEL)

P1611 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Request Signal Low
P1613 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Request Signal High

Description:
The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) request signal wire is used by the Transaxle Control Module (TCM) to signal the ECM to set transaxle related codes.

Failure Conditions:
P1611
The ECM will set a code and the MIL will turn on if the available voltage present is below 80% of battery voltage durring two driving cycles. Thsi check is made cone per trip for 6 seconds when the engine speed is greater than 2400 RPM. This code indicates that lower than expected voltage is being read at the request wire by the ECM.

P1613
The ECM will set a code adn the MIL will turn on of the available voltage present is greater than 120% of battery voltage durring two driving cycles. This check is made once per trip when DLC terminal 15 ("L" data line) is "ON" and the engine speed is less than 800 RPM. This code indicates that a higher than expected voltage is being read at the request wire by the ECM.

From reading the diagnostics that are way to complicated to put in here...It appears that the ECU wants the TCM (Transaxle Control Module) plugged in.
Old 08-26-2001, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW tahtsreally confused me
Like you said it needs the TCM for this problem to go away.BTW i wonder which wires need to be cut off or bridged to get rid of this problem
Random how about plugging in the TCM and see what happens
Old 08-27-2001, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If you plug in the TCM and the TCM sensors are not connected you will get the P1611 error. If the TCM is NOT connected...you will get the P1613 error.

You would need to find out what each sensor is for, and connect it, or somehow send a semi-proper signal back to the ECU to kept he ECL off.

The errors are triggered by 80% battery and 120% battery signal. Since it is getting a 120% error signal now...maybe you need to put something in there to drop the voltage down on that MIL signal wire.