Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Any thoughts on this item........

Old 09-02-2001, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts on this item........

web page
Old 09-02-2001, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WEll according to the page they don't make one for a Hyundai. I'm sure they are pretty much universal though but I would say go MSD if you are gonna do anything to your ignition. Just my thoughts. Later!!
Old 09-02-2001, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

They are selling snake oil. These coils are from the same yahoo who started Nology years ago.

If you notice, the peak output of the OEM system is 13.67Kv. The peak output of their system is 12.28Kv.

So they are stealing some of the inital voltage, to create those "after" sparks. I would be willing to bet, only 2 or 3 are actually powerfull enough to jump the gap between the 2 electrodes in the sparkplug.

Their "technical page" talks about creating a higher AMP spark. question...since you cannot "Create" energy...where does it come from? Hey are lowering the voltage to increase the amperage.

This may benefit a poorly running or poorly tuned engine. but that same engine would benefit the same amount by a proper tune up.

They say a lot of things...but they never claim a HP gain, or a mileage gain. Even on their "testimonial" pages, no dyno chart gains...no MPG gains are ever claimed...

BTW...This is a good question , I think I'll move it to the engine forum.

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]