Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

performance wires

Old 09-02-2001, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance wires

i am wonder what is the difference i using my stock spark plug wires with my tib then to use some the sharkracing performance.. if anybody could tell me if it i work buying and why,,,
Old 09-02-2001, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The SR wires are Special "Splitfire" wires from Japan. They are different from the "Splitfire" wires available in the USA.

They are higher quality and a slightly different design.

They should have less resistance than the stock wires, which should give you a bigger spark. They should also put off less interferance than the stock wires (Important if you have a big stereo system).
Old 09-02-2001, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But I have been told by one source that increasing the spark does little to increase HP or efficiency. I thought about these wires as well but after what I read, I starting doubting. How effective is upgrading to thise wires?
Old 09-02-2001, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Sparkplug wires to not make HP. Never will. Any claims that they do, their smoking dope. Sell them your nearest bridge.

What a quality set of wires will do, is make sure that as much of the electricity as possilble goes from the coil to the plug.

If you have bad wires, you can loose HP, but changing to quality wires will not MAKE HP, just give you the HP you lost, back.