Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Air filter question ?

Old 07-08-2001, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air filter question ?

Hi guys/gals ! Ok .. I decided to make a bigger tube from my Cone filter to the Intake. It's 3", still in the engine bay though. BUT! The car stops when I plug in my O2 Sensor. When I unplug it it works fine ?! A bit of stutturing though and the CHECK ENGINE light turns on. How do I reset the computer would that help ?? All I did was unplug the positive from the battery. But that didn't help. We tried to place the O2 sensor in different ways but it stops anyways? What is the prob ?
Old 07-08-2001, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't really know if this will help or not, but when i had on a CEL light for a while, my cousin told me to unplug the negative, then go into the car and hit the brakes a couple of times, then plug it back up and chill for a while. he said it would reset the ecu. well, it turned off the CEL light, and worked. hope it helps...
Old 07-08-2001, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If the sensor is in your intake stream, it is a temp sensor, not an O2 sensor. 02 sensors are only in exhaust.

You need it pluged in, but I'm wondering if you somehow damaged the sensor or it's connector. You need that sensor pluged in for the engine to run right. If your engine does not run right when that sensor is plugged in, make sure that you did not damage the sensor or the wiring to the sensor.

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]