Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Question for Random or other SR Experts

Old 07-07-2001, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Random or other SR Experts

I want to get the SR 4-2-1 Headers and the MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust (stainless steel, 2.25" piping). I know it will be louder and cooler, but I was wondering if I can just bolt-and-go the two parts together. I am particularly interested in the parts around the catalytic converter. Do the headers come with a cat converter or do I keep my stock one? Either part is designed to work with stock parts so I don't see why they wouldn't work togehter. Also I have a Weapon-R intake...with the above mods and nothing else (just I/H/E) what kind of gains am I looking at? Say 20 HP over stock and a little torque. I know it's hard to say for sure, but any guess on your part is still a lot better than everyone else's guess.

Thanks

EDIT...cool my total posts has hit 69...huh-huh....EDIT

[ July 07, 2001: Message edited by: Zeek ]
Old 07-08-2001, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The two systems will work together, but you will have to make some modifications.

The close coupled cat will have to be moved or replaced. Then the Cat Back system will have to be shortened to fit the new cat location.
Old 07-08-2001, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just wondering if my local Racing shop will have any trouble. I know they do this stuff all the time on Honda's and what not. I just don't want to go there and have them start working on it and then tell me..."It won't work, we need some parts." or something like that. Nothing a normal Racing SHop couldn't handle, right?

Thanks again Random, I bow to your infinite wisdom and willingness to help out.
Old 07-08-2001, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Nothing a standard exhaust shop couldn't handle. I would save your $$$ and go to midas. They will charge you half as much.