Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

ACT clutches

Old 02-12-2005, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACT clutches

okay, i got to looking at some clutches for my 2000 tib, because i figure i might as well replace it and maybe the flywheel (with a lighter one) when i replace my tranny here soon. i was wondering if any of these ACT clutches here would be good: http://shop.hyundaiperformance.com/shop/cat.php?c=29 unfortunately, i can't hold the filter to show just stuff for the 2000 tib, but there's a 4-puc, a 6-puc and then a heavy duty pressure plate w/ performance street disc. any comments/suggestions on any of these? has anybody had any experience with any of these? which one do you think would be best? ideally, i'd like to completely trick the car out, but i dunno if that's gonna happen. i'm wondering if any of these is going to be too stiff for a real daily driven car. so, if anyone has any feedback, i'd appreciate it. thanks.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ideally, you would need to get one that meets your hp goals. They are all streetable, but the engagement is going to be harsher on any aftermarket kit. Are you getting a lightened flywheel as well? Going from a stock clutch to an aftermarket clutch and flyhweel is like relearning to drive stick all over again. Stock, you can just let off the clutch as fast as you want when you shift, and it'll still catch. Aftermarket you could stall it or snap your neck when the clutch grabs.

Anyway, I would really think about what you want to do to the car. For a Tiburon, a 4-puck is pretty much all your ever going to need.