Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

5spd Swap Done - Car Won't Start - Need Help

Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

took us 3 weekends, but we were only able to work on Saturdays because of our work schedules and junk yard availability.

Got the tranny from MaierApril. Got the shifter base thanks to Faithofadragon, but ended up not needing it. Got everything else from a junkyard Tib.

IMPORTANT!!! There is an oval 2-pin (i think) plug on the top of the Manual Transmission!! YOU NEED THAT PLUG!! I gotta go to the junkyard sometime this week if I can get off work early to grab that damn plug. I think it replaces one of the CIRCULAR plugs on the automatic. THIS IS NECESSARY if you want brake lights and reverse lights to work. I don't remember reading anything about it on the DIY drillsergeant.gif

As of right now, the swap is FINISHED. Took it for a quick drive around the neighborhood to make sure everything worked. I'm not driving it yet, because one of the axle seals is leaking and I don't have brake lights or reverse lights (damn plug). Nobody has the axle seals, so I'm gonna have to go to the dealership this week to get them. Tried grabbing them already, but couldn't find them anywhere and there isn't a dealership nearby.

WooHoo!!
Thanks to Socks for the dozens of annoying phone calls he answered during the swap, Faith for the moral support, Shadohh for the troubleshooting when we were being stupid, and REDZMAN for support while at the junkyard. No thanks to Chris (blacktibs) who was MIA everytime I needed him mad.gif

5 spd TiBBaY!!!!