Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

16k Engine, $400, Yea You Can Say Im Happy

Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Nice, you find that in Rochester? I've seen a few 45-55k up here from 200-400.

I'd definitly toy around with the old one, since you only have 16k on the new one you have plenty of time fing02.gif

No i actually got it up near walkins glen, but yea i may tear the other one apart just to learn stuff and what not, maybe try and figure out what was wrong with it.

Singh said mine were just right (photos up here somewhere) but the ones he does w/ hand held files look different. I think it's the principle, not the specifics of the execution, that makes the difference.

The grooves are reported to increase fuel economy and part-throttle low-RPM torque, as well as improving idle quality. Sometimes dramatically, in all 3 cases.

thats cool i saw the pictures in DTN's post, idk if i would go and do that to my new engine, but its a pretty cool idea

Yeah there was Tanc, the thread is about his new engine, not about Singh Grooves. DTN was replying to someone else than the original poster about something the thread is NOT about, hence hijacking. The other member just suggested he should do it while the head was off.

Again, there is plenty of info about singh grooves already on the forums, go look there for info about them.

I know your trying to help, but you do realize by starting a b---- fest your also going offtopic.gif as well?, neither of you had anything to say about the thread, you were just b----ing about DTN, which was totally on topic IMO, but w/e, i know you guys are trying to help.

Pretty good deal man. Looks good.

A lot of people think engines for our cars are expensive. I got a 26k motor for 250 and when I bought the motor for my Turbo RD2 I spent 200 bucks for a 40k Beta2 motor and Trans. Very nice

yea i agree its a great deal, best thing ive bought for my car yet.

Dang that looks nice... Once you clean the outside up it will be good 2 go.

Makes me wanna get an extra motor now.

Yea dude i cant wait till its all clean and painted, and in the car.

Thanks for the comments guys, more pictures will be up in the next few days, make sure to check in on the progress! laugh.gif
Old 02-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

inside looks like SEX.

ouside looks like taco bell feces..

i think once thats in the car, you should add a snail tongue.gif

that is all.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So now you start another b**** fest?

Keep it on YOUR own topic of your $400 engine.

Jesus Christ.

Any other OT posts, and they are just getting deleted, edited, and warned. Suck it.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

being that you are a college student that commutes daily to school, keeping it as much OEM as possible is the key. yeah sure, add a good header, a good exhaust system, and finally a CAI, but don't get any crazier than that. taking a good find that you got for dirt cheap and maybe dumping 800 more in the things i mentioned sure, but not 3k for a turbo system, sorry socks.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

this is what i would do to start off with personally, and you would be pretty happy with the results, i think i showed you this before Sean, Socks posted this in someone else thread...

EBAY AEM Clone CAI

megan header

custom catback

megan shifter

KJB base and shifter bushings

pulley set (optional)

TB porting need

B&G springs (optional, seeing you said you already bottom out now)

ACT street clutch kit

chromoly flywheel

DIY/free IM porting

but i know you already going down the right path fing02.gif
Old 02-25-2009, 06:00 PM

inside looks like SEX.

ouside looks like taco bell feces..

i think once thats in the car, you should add a snail tongue.gif

that is all.

Lol thanks, i actually just had taco bell tonight. Haha idk bout a snail any time soon, but that would defiantly be nice on my new engine.

being that you are a college student that commutes daily to school, keeping it as much OEM as possible is the key. yeah sure, add a good header, a good exhaust system, and finally a CAI, but don't get any crazier than that. taking a good find that you got for dirt cheap and maybe dumping 800 more in the things i mentioned sure, but not 3k for a turbo system, sorry socks.

haha very very true, for now i think im going to stick to just NA mods like you said.

this is what i would do to start off with personally, and you would be pretty happy with the results, i think i showed you this before Sean, Socks posted this in someone else thread...

EBAY AEM Clone CAI

megan header

custom catback

megan shifter

KJB base and shifter bushings

pulley set (optional)

TB porting need

B&G springs (optional, seeing you said you already bottom out now)

ACT street clutch kit

chromoly flywheel

DIY/free IM porting

but i know you already going down the right path fing02.gif

yea thats about where i wanna go with it, maybe a little more, but yea

Thanks guys
Old 02-25-2009, 08:43 PM

I envy you. I wish I had that new engine smile.gif Now's your good chance to clean up the engine bay really well (maybe even paint it) before dropping in your new engine.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:47 PM

That head is so frigging clean, just looks amazing.

My tib's head was already orange from scorched oil from the previous owner when I bought it at 17K miles.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:58 PM

I envy you. I wish I had that new engine smile.gif Now's your good chance to clean up the engine bay really well (maybe even paint it) before dropping in your new engine.

haha yea thats actually the plan, going to rhino line it, or something similar, a few guys on here did it (regit, tib001, and DTN did his rad support), and it looks really good.
That head is so frigging clean, just looks amazing.

My tib's head was already orange from scorched oil from the previous owner when I bought it at 17K miles.

yea i know, made me smile as soon as i took the valve cover off lol. defiantly made it worth it. Soon we are going to replace the oil pan gasket, then we will be able to see the real internals, cant wait.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:02 PM

The oil pan is off?

Do this while it's off, it'll save you headaches later if you decide to go FI.

Get an oil return welded in place, and then just cap it off.