DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Updated Car Maintenance Schedule Tables

Old 07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Updated Car Maintenance Schedule Tables

I got tired of doing math to try to figure out when I should do what maintenance/inspections according to the chart in the back of the owners manual. So I made a new chart. The OEM went on a 7.5k mile interval and I followed that but rounded when I made the chart to get rid of the .5s. This prints out exactly the right size to slip into my OM when I print it off my computer at 100%. If you REALLY need a chart for 300K+ miles let me know. If someone wants to host the orignial .xls file, PM me your email address and you can put it online for others to use.

Emissions related

General maintenance

Old 07-30-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

nice ! so is your personal view of time scheduling?

what did you base this off of?

is this for the beta engine (your elantra) ??

what oil do you use to wait everyone 7500 miles?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The intervals are the same, shifted to keep the intervals consistent with the first pages in the owners' manual. It should be the same for 96-00 Elantras and 97-01 Tiburons, but it came from my 2000 Elantra's manual at hyundaitechinfo. I change my oil at 7500 if I missed an oil change Mostly it's . . . less, but that is the light-duty schedule they call out.

I pulled the .pdf off the manual, erased the miles and intervals and put new ones in photoshop, printed it, took a picture of it, shrank it and posted it.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

nice ! ive been using syntec blend since 90k miles. and at around 5k miles i can feel she needs a change, she starts to vibrate more than normal.