DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

5-bolt Conversion

Old 11-01-2009, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

for this the front is very easy you can do one of 2 things.

1. Remove and replace you front hubs bearings and have your original hubs drilled to the bolt pattern
2. use following. XD fount knuckles and hub bearing and Gk hubs.
3, i do recommend that you use longer wheel bolt studs. if you plan on using spacers over 5mm on you wheels

for the back its not so easy. you can ether do this with new or used parts i went with new that way i could get it put on faster instead of having the car on the lift for 3 days.or more.

here is the shopping list.

4 Tuscon rear toe arms

2ea of of the following. "FL2 " the last version of the GK.

Spindle,disks,Shields.bearings, nuts and bearing washers,bolts and washer

Now keep in mind that the toe arms if you put them in "as is" you wont be able to get a propper aliment out of it.
you must cut and shorten them by 3cm. i have track tested them and they will hold and there are no issues when you do this. you guys back home have
access to better mechanist then we got here. well i think anyway.

Also you will have to get some heat treated bolts washers and lock nuts as well. since i cant type that well i will let all my pics do the talking for me.

Welding is involved in this mode you will have to grind out the cross-member bolt holes to accept the bigger and stronger heat treated bolts. also when you weld and make the holes bigger keep in mind to keep them as close to centered as possible. also in the pic of the cross-member you will see i welded washer on the inside as well this is to take up slack and keep the toe arms centered.

after you do this the cars handling will change so much its like its a different car. i love it. it seems to be smoother yet more solid and at the track and on mountain roads shit i could push it more then i could before its just hard to explain.. also the stock rear calipers bolt up and the stock abs sensor bolts up as well. and the disk are 10 in better then 8 inch.

pic time.
parts

part numbers

make them short 2

Cross-member modding

Final product "And fail safe and track tested.

all oem all tested and R&D by me this is 100%
Old 11-01-2009, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

John, we have known each other for quite some time now. Don't take this the wrong way as I'm playing devils advocate. You do know you pop in every once and awhile, but them fall off the site for a few months. While I don't condone what was said, I think it made relevant that someone did make an attempt and succeeded in doing a five lug swap. Luckily for you, you are in the tuners dream in South Korea, where as to we are, we are lucky enough if a vendor still makes parts.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Thank you for posting this Mad_John. We'll get it added to the DIY forums soon.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:16 AM

Great info Thanks soo much.

but is too dificult for me.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:31 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Sooo sweet! LOL, I was just drunk and irritated the other night, but I think it was obvious that I was tired of having this topic up in the air. MJ you're the man, and I really do appreciate you taking the time to add this info here for us. I really hope we use it and churn out some badass 5 lug wheel equipped Tiburons as a result. I have all the faith in myself to be able to complete big jobs, and this isn't that big, I'm just glad we have a guideline to follow instead of recreating the wheel. For weeks our pics weren't available to follow on the other method, but at this point, who cares. More than anything, I really just want to see people pushing the progression on the mods these days. We've all been doing the same stuff over and over and over, and after a while, the only point of hanging around is to BS about OT stuff and tell all the new guys the same stuff we've been reading for years.

THIS IS PROGRESSION. Woot.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:40 AM

^ why make a kit this is all hyundai oem parts except the bolts that i used to mount it to the crossmember...

yamah.. i was in the sand box for 1and ahalf years sorry. had no choice..

Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Damn dude, glad to have ya back. On that crossmember, you just dropped your original and then modified it and reinstalled it? Or is that one from the GK?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:20 AM

drop and mod the stocker
Old 11-01-2009, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

is there a reason why the rd control arms doesn't fit? and from what year are the kia sportage control arms? seems easier than RED method but its still a fair amount of work for the rear ones to fit.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Thanks for responding to my email brother. We miss ya here man.

Now we ahve 2 ways listed to do this, neither is completely bolt on, but both work.

Now folks just need to get it done, and clean up the DIY a bit.