DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Request: Adding A/c

Old 08-06-2008, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how much it would cost for an A/C unit and how hard would it be to install. My never came with it, and it gets really annoying, especially on hot rainy days, where the windows fog up. Anythign would help.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Not to hard at all really. I have a compressor and whatever is inside the car that I can sell you. Then you just need a condensor and the lines. Assuming the wiring is in place.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Banned

it will be a little more complicated then you are thinking..

i sold tanc my compressor, lines, condensor, etc. back in the day. didnt even think that he wouldn't have the firewall mount, and all the stuff inside the dash.

you will need to mount the interior stuff behind the dash, and to the firewall. and then as far as wiring, extra fuses and such, i have no clue. it definately wont be a exciting, quick job.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I just did this install from having nothing installed to fully installed last week. Took me (amongst other things) about 20 hours, probably 12 at least designated for this part. I also had all the OEM wiring in place. I'm really curious if you dont have all the wiring, just none of the hardware? Do you really not have the blower controls in the dash? Or do you just not have the feature of Cooling with the help of the compressor/condensor/lines, etc.? Weird that you never had it, but I'm sure the underlying parts (fuses, wiring) are already there for you. It's all fresh in my mind, so shoot me any ?s you have about the whole install.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 AM

If you need any wiring or anything (maybe the a/c switch) like that I can probably grab it also.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 PM

Not sure about the wiring in place, but it's a stock version, just with no a\c installed. I'm guessing the wiring would be the hardest part, but I'm wondering how much it will run me in parts, even if I get them sent by chill people like you guys. I'm not sure whether it's worth it atm, because I live in montreal, and the use of it spans a total of 4 months. I'll need all the parts, so if you have anything let me know how much you'd be willing to part with it for, feel free to PM or post it.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:20 PM

See if you have any wiring in place. There would be a two wire connector near the passenger side by the intake manifold. Also is there an AC switch under the heater controls? There should be a recirculation switch, whats in the other place? Ill look at the wiring if I can and get a rough price in mind.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:28 PM

I have a place where the A\C button would but, but it's just a blank un-pushable button. And as for the wiring I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to be looking for.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

more then likely you dont have the wiring for a/c cause you have the blank unpushable buttons...same thing as me for the fog lights dont have the wiring for it