DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Quick Fix for faded sunroof liners

Old 07-23-2004, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: rebuiding a tranny

Go to walmart, get this(from the automotive section)...

http://duplicolor.com/products/vinyl.html

my shit was extremely purple, and looked horrible. the paint made the sunroof liner a VERY little "gloppy", but it definately is better than the faded look. i was kinda in a rush too, so i used heavy coats. thin coats would prolly make it turn out very good.

now,

Old 07-23-2004, 03:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Quick Fix for faded sunroof liners

Comments post...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

canadianshark74 - thanks for the tip,
I will have to do that soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nexuz - Do you know if that will work on the dash? Some odd reason, mine is a very lighter shade then the door pieces. There is mention on HyundaiWebtech (somewhere) of a 'wax' type thing [been a while since i saw it].. that will return your crash pad to black.

But, if nobody can help here, it is back to plan (A).. total removal of interior.. and viynl dye all pieces a medium grey, and replace headliner with tweed and aluminum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tibby01 - well, it is vinyl/fabric paint, i dont know if i would paint the crash pad with it though. maybe try krylon if you are looking for a spray on paint.

REDZMAN - Fantastic man, really.

Is it hard to take that sucka out?

After lookin at that website...

I'm doin mine blue.

tibby01 - no, not hard at all. you just push up on it.

boricua - I'm glad I looked at this because my sunroof is going through the same problem now.

majikTib - thanks a ton for posting this!!
Why does our stupid liner fade so easily????? it irritates the crap out of me...

BLK2KTIB - Did mine last weekend and it looks great! Took about six coats tho to get it back to black from that sh1tty purple it turns into. It was getting to the piont i wouldnt open my sunroof all the way anymore cause i didnt want it to get any worse. But ya this was a great post, thanx Tibby01
Old 07-23-2004, 04:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Tibby01's Glow needle DIY

REDX on the first pic.