DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

problems with my gas

Old 03-31-2004, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the KRD Complete V6 Cat-Back System it sounds great, along with some headers, but i have a problem. when installing it i had to put the rear emissions box into my spare tire area. by doing that i flipped the box. now the problem, when i go to fuel my car is sending signals to the pump that my car is full. so i gotta sit out there and work the handle to fill up my car, not fun. any idea's out there?
Old 03-31-2004, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i dont think your car sends signals to the pump that it is getting full. i always thought that the pump nozzle detects splash back, then stops. could you flip the box back?

also, this place is for rd tiburons. 97-01 ones. youre welcome to stay if you want, however, you may want to check out www.newtiburon.com
Old 03-31-2004, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont think your car sends signals to the pump that it is getting full. i always thought that the pump nozzle detects splash back, then stops. could you flip the box back?

also, this place is for rd tiburons. 97-01 ones. youre welcome to stay if you want, however, you may want to check out www.newtiburon.com</div>

Word, there is no communication between a car and a gas pump mang, it all deals with splashback or fumes.

Welcome to the site, even though your stay is probably short lived.

wink.gif
Old 03-31-2004, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: Honda

Make sure ya put the nozzle all the way in the hole or else your going to be there all week.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:16 PM

yes most definitely.. been through that ordeal a million times with my 2000 tib... total pain in the ass... sometimes the thing will click off about 3 quarters of the way full and i think it is full... only then to find out that it isnt and i only have 3/4 a tank of gas