DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Fit A Overhead And Mod The Visors..

Old 11-24-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

OK lads and ladesses.

I'm not going to go through fitting an overhead. I am going to assume you know how to do this as I don't want anyone destroying a headliner and then blaming old pandy.

Rule one is this - overheads *do* work in an RD tib. *BUT* if you have a moonroof forget it.

Also forget driving with it down, the light from the screen will take your vision from the road and you will have none.

OK, now let's assume you have the screen in and up, like this -

OK now the first thing youll say is "ahhhh sheet, my visors are too big" and thats where this comes in, cue step one !

*Around the outer edge of the visor you will notice a seem, the one that is centre around the edge and where the pleather meets the clothy stuff.
Take an exacto knife and slowly slice this seem open, then peel back the cover like this -

OK, then -
*measure how wide the visor needs to be then mark the foam stuff using a sharpy and cut it.
Be careful, because there is a running bar around the inside of the visor so you need to rock the blade around it.
Then snap out the end like this -

Oklies, now you'll see the bar. Well, Iiiiiiits dremel (or cheap knockoff for $9.99) time.

My dremel thing isnt very powerful so I cut about half way and then snap it with a set of pliers.
BE CAREFUL the foam stuff will rip apart quicker than you can let out a fart, be gentle and support the foam !

And

OK, now then.
Take the exacto and insert it into the end of the foam and cut inward along the center, about 3/4 inch deep, like this -

Do that all the way along.

Then pull the covering back over the visor and cut it down so you have about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of *insert* DO NOT cut it too short or youll mess it up.

Then Start stuffing the pleather into the hole, like this smile.gif

And then the other side, like so.

Then, using QUICK DRY superglue GEL (dont use the runny stuff) insert the nozzle into the center and apply glue inside the seem, like this -

Then with some small sharp scissors and a good steady hand trim the ends and glue down anything thats not wrapped tight and you should have a set of smaller visors like these -

Job done smile.gif
Old 11-24-2006, 11:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

good diy pandy
Old 11-24-2006, 11:49 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Good work man. Are they still as stiff as they used to be without that bar?
Old 11-25-2006, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

They seem to be yes smile.gif

Thing is because of my racing seats riding higher than the stock seats I dont have to use them anyways, I just sit up in my seat smile.gif

Obviously I will be more gentle with them as I dont expect them to be as strong as before, but I only really put them back in so that the interior didnt look incomplete.

Ill get some pics of them in there soon smile.gif

Very hard to snap this one. Because its light out the flash just overburns the pics and I cant get the camera in a good place to take the pic as the car is so small..

This is the best I could do. I have put 2 RCI logos on them to add a bit of spice smile.gif