DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Led Headlight Adjustment Switch

Old 12-03-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you need ?

-A 5MM LED Blue/Red/Green or whatever you want.
-1 resistor 430 Ohm
-A thin and flat screwdriver
-Thin solder wire
-A solder pre heated.
-Get a pointy tang and a thing to cut wires with.

Its about this little thing. Its located jst next to the handbrake handle

Step one:

Take the switch turn it towards you so that you see the connector. Here you see 3 narrow openings and on the sides 3 holes. In those holes are hooks that hold the switchcover. You can remove it by verry gentaly put the small srewdriver into the 3 narrow openings and then slide the housing of off the switch. After this housing is off you can start.

Step two:

Turn the switch towards you so that you can see the light with the blue thing slided over it. Take the pre-heated solder and heat the ponts where the wires of the light is connected. Do this on both contacts till you can take the wires of the green plate.

Step three:

Take the LED and bend the legs in the following shape:
Click here for the large picture.

Step four:

solder the resistor on to it like this:

Now place the pre-fabricated LED-resistor combination on the place where you removed the light
<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">I placed the + and - on the wrong side picture is just to show how it must be !!</span>

Now put the cover beck on the switch and put it back in your car again.

<span style="color:#FF0000">If you have anny questions please ask before something goes wrong!!! </span>
Old 12-03-2006, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Nice.

Most of the members here don't have that switch, or remotely adustable headlights.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Woah, no kidding. It's like the interior dimmer but for headlights... does it actually dim the headlights?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:58 PM

i dont think we ever had those in america sadly, we have a totally bad ass coin holder there

(i was being sarcastic about the bad ass coin holder comment wink1.gif )
Old 12-03-2006, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Caj Darkmoon @ Dec 3 2006, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Woah, no kidding. It's like the interior dimmer but for headlights... does it actually dim the headlights?</div>

Read the thread and you just might figure out what it does...
Old 12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

are you sure 430 is enough resistance? most readings in the vehical are 14.6V after starting the vehicle. The interior dimmer is 9-12V, depending on setting and if battery is charging. Did you take voltage or current readings to get the resistance values?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Dec 3 2006, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Read the thread and you just might figure out what it does...</div>

I did Redz, I was just verifying that I wasn't misunderstanding it because I hadn't heard of anything like that before, and the idea of dimming headlights seems kind of odd to me. Please excuse my ignorance.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Looks good!
I'm hoping to do a DIY for the RD2 dimmer switch in a few weeks. The only difference is that they don't start with a light in there in the first place.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:23 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ if you take pictures I'll put it into the heater and switches DIY. I already mentioned it, but there's no pictures.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:59 AM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Caj Darkmoon @ Dec 4 2006, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I did Redz, I was just verifying that I wasn't misunderstanding it because I hadn't heard of anything like that before, and the idea of dimming headlights seems kind of odd to me. Please excuse my ignorance.</div>

Just looking at the picture of the diagram on the switch it appears to change the angle of the Headlights (i.e tilt), seen similar systems on other cars.