DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy - Resonator Removal

Old 09-05-2004, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: denting/bending header??

Did you reset the ECU?
I forgot to do that last week after relocating the batter and putting a different intake in.....car was not happy, cleared the codes and reset the ECU and have been ok since then *knock on wood*.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Re: DIY - Resonator Removal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (planrforrobert)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am going to post this here because this problem occured the first day I drove with my resonator and air duct removed.

Last night while driving back from the local mall (about an hour away) my car bogged way down and the check engine light came on for a brief moment, then went off and the engine went back to normal operation. All of this happened about 20 minutes into our trip back home (on the highway, doing 70). going up a slight incline. After this happened, the car ran fine the rest of the way home. The pedal just went right to the floor with no throttle response and then immediately came back. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any guesses as to what it could have been.</div>

I dont think this is the problem, that has happened to me also but i have no mods to my engine. also no error code was thrown, and mine happened when i had my mechanics test set hooked up. :?: :roll: :?:
Old 09-05-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: raffles

I have not reset the ECU. HOWEVER, I went out to check the engine bay to see if there was anything wrong, and I had forgotten to reconnect the top of the air box to the bottom, so it was just sitting on the bottom half. I took it apart to make sure there was nothing jammed up there, and everything looked fine.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: I wanna paint my interior

Hey guys, I love your sight! I've always wanted to mod my tibby but didn't know where to start. You can imagine my excitment when i came arcross RD tiburon. Seeing that I'm not very mechanically inclined i decided to try the resonater removel. I left the airduct out too. My question is, without the airduct am I risking water going into the intake? It's pretty wet up here in the northwest and I don't want to risk messing up my engine. THanks guys!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: I wanna paint my interior

LOL

Grag, unless you drive thru water about 3 feet deep, you'll be okay bro.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:58 PM

Default Re: *Warning* - Window Switches + White board marker = BAD

and if you do go threw water that high you could always put like a snorkel on your car those are sweet.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Tons Of Stuff For Sale, Stock Parts, CAI, other stuff...

LOL, thanks for the replies guys. It rains a lot over here, but I haven't run across anything near three feet yet. I took my car out for a test drive after i reset the ECU, i can't believe how much of a difference taking out a piece of plasic can have on my car's performance! Now I've got to decide what my next mod's going to be. I'm thinking either a cai or new exhaust, whichever gives me the biggest bain for my buck.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Re: LED & Speakers...

ha i just removed the air duct but i have a club gtr front and never reset the ecu i guess thats why i have been bogging sometimes after like 50 minute drives... woopsy! thanks for the diy
Old 09-23-2004, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: RotorPros Group Buy - Accepting Payment!

:roll:

TAKE OUT EVERYTHING SHOWN CIRCLED IN THE PIC!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Re: CUDA body kit

ya deffienately just tried that but 1st of i dont have the wrench for god knows why and second wtf , why is it so hard to get to ? d o have to take out the battery first?