DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy Requests

Old 03-01-2007, 06:38 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think it would be a good idea for those who are new if we all posted pix of our maintenance projects. At least identify, in pictures, those components which need to be changed.

K, i just picked this up from the local hyundai dealership.

3000 miles: Change oil and filter, inspect fluids, general inspection

6000 miles: Change oil and filter, Tire rotation, Inspect/top fluids, general inspection

15,000 miles: Change oil and filter, flush oil, check battery, rotate tires, replace air filter, general inspection

mini 30,000 miles: Change oil, filter and gasket, flush oil, flush coolant, check battery, rotate tires, general inspection

major 30,000 miles: Change oil, filter, and gasket, flush transmission, flush engine, flush cooling system check battery, adjust brakes, replace air filter, rotate tires, general inspection. install a/c disinfectant, flush engine, fuel treatment, clean injectors.

Those last 4 are just additives. I think if we could come up with a separate sub-forum for little stuff like this where we won't all be afraid to post just 1 pic and call it a "DIY" it might increase our helpfullness to the hyundai public. Maybe it could be a DIY/maintenance DIY section. just a little nook that someone could look at and decide "Hey, i havn't changed my fuel filter in ages! I'm glad someone was nice enough to put up a DIY!"

I'm just saying it sounds like a good idea to me. Anyone could post just a pic and explain how it goes. Like a haynes manual or something. Right now I'd be intimmidated if I weren't doing a full 30,000 mile service as a DIY, but I do mine all within like a month or so, I'd never remember to do a FULL diy.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets see, i would like a DIY angel eyes for an RD1, and the a/c and p/s pulleys. and maybe even a white gueage face DIY for an rd1.

i know these will be tuff since this forum is dominated by the little brother rd2s
Old 03-03-2007, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Sep 29 2005, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anything maintenance-related that you do not know how to do, post it up. Don't post requests for putting leds in the cupholders or anything crazy like that, just maintenance/fixes for things that are bothersome with the tib. They will go in the DIY listing under maintenance, with a reference in the New Users Section as well.

I'll start off with a few that we need, and what I plan to do soon:

-Timing belt change
-Oil change
-Radiator fluid change
-Bleeding the brakes</div>
Old 03-03-2007, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J3R0MY @ Mar 3 2007, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lets see, i would like a DIY angel eyes for an RD1, and the a/c and p/s pulleys. and maybe even a white gueage face DIY for an rd1.

i know these will be tuff since this forum is dominated by the little brother rd2s</div>

theres a diy guide for the angel eyes, even a video done, and im pretty sure it was with a RD1, should be on the forums somewhere

and tibby01, a DIY on any of those would be sweet, well besides a oil change lol. but especially bleeding the brakes cause i dont anything about it, and probably have to do it soon
Old 03-04-2007, 09:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J3R0MY @ Mar 3 2007, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lets see, i would like a DIY angel eyes for an RD1, and the a/c and p/s pulleys. and maybe even a white gueage face DIY for an rd1.

i know these will be tuff since this forum is dominated by the little brother rd2s</div>

Should I slap you around and call you a b**** or warn you?

J3ROMY, you need to SEARCH.

There is a DIY for angel eyes. Even if it's for RD2's, the method is the same, except it's easier on the RD1. It's a CONCEPT DIY, if you get the idea, you can do it.

There is a DIY for ALL OF THE FRIGGIN PULLIES. Guess what? They are the same for both cars, as they are the same motors.

THERE IS A DIY FOR GAUGE FACES TOOO! Holy shit man, what's the problem? The gauge face process is the same for either gen, but like one or 2 steps less for the RD1. If you can't figure that out, should you be working on your car at all?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vladimer @ Mar 4 2007, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>theres a diy guide for the angel eyes, even a video done, and im pretty sure it was with a RD1, should be on the forums somewhere

and tibby01, a DIY on any of those would be sweet, well besides a oil change lol. but especially bleeding the brakes cause i dont anything about it, and probably have to do it soon</div>

bleeding the brakes i can do very soon more than likely.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:54 PM

moved your post to the engine & transmission section madrik.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:09 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ May 9 2007, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>moved your post to the engine & transmission section madrik.</div>

Got it - thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 PM

I searched, but couldn't find a diy for a/c and p/s pulleys?

Also, eibach pro kit lowering springs?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 PM

1. maintenance requests only.

2. check listing in the sticky of DIY section. in maintenance, you will see two posts on how to change struts. it will be all you need for spring changing.

3. not in diy(redz's post should be copied to it), but easy to find...
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...9&hl=pulley