DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy: Real Fog Light Mod For 97 Tibby

Old 02-01-2009, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By searching through the forums and reading on other peoples finding on doing the fog light mod for the 97 Tibbys, i was reading what KCR wrote and i finally found the way to run the fogs with the parking lights:

Tools needed of course is the phillips screw driver, wires cutters, electrical tape.

Start off by taking the dash apart and getting to the fog switch then once you find the plug look for a wire with these colors Blue/Red strip, cut that wire and cap off the wire hanging from the connector, then from the harness get the Blue/red striped wire and cut a slip from the Green/Blk wire and connect them together, and once you turn the light on the fogs will turn on hope this will help the 97 Tibs and if anyone needs pics let me know and ill take them for you
Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Taking the dash apart is not necessary. Everything can be done at the dimmer switch quite easily, without any need to remove any other parts of the dash. As we discussed via PM all you had to do was find the +12V wire on the dimmer when the fog light switch is ON, and 0V when the switch is off, which it seems you did, just the hard way at the switch instead. Can you check what color the wire is at the dimmer switch? If there is a Blue/Red wire there, that's probably it. Please check it out and add it to the independant foglight control DIY here http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=29980 . We don't need two DIY's for the same thing.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Closed. Just because its not needed.