DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

DIY Fog Light Lens Resurfacing

Old 03-08-2005, 10:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Actually, I left them in the bumper. The most abrassive material you are using is the scotch pad, and if you are careful you shouldn't hurt the paint on the bumper. Also, my car is white, probably the most scratch friendly color out there, so I wasn't worried too much. Even if you did get a few small scratches around the fog light, its nothing that the Scratch Out won't remove. I actually use that Scratch Out about every two years to remove ALL scratches and swirl marks on the car. Takes me about 5 hours, but it literally looks like it just came from the factory!
Old 03-09-2005, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeah, I still don't understand why some ppl wash their cars in the carwash 02.gif

really messes up your paintings, you can see very light scratching on the car after getting it out. They use large rotating brushes here, I think in the US it's a bit different.

Always wash it by hand though smile.gif
Old 03-09-2005, 12:42 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibbytib)</div><div class='quotemain'>I actually use that Scratch Out about every two years to remove ALL scratches and swirl marks on the car. Takes me about 5 hours, but it literally looks like it just came from the factory!</div>

Where are you getting this magic stuff from? WALMART?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:51 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

So this doesn't work on the head lights?? I don't see why not. Just more work IMO.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvertibbs)</div><div class='quotemain'>So this doesn't work on the head lights?? I don't see why not. Just more work IMO.</div>

This exact DIY won't work for the headlights, you'll just have to scratch longer. Technically it would be another DIY if you change the time for scratching laugh.gif:

No I'm not nitpicking... rolleyes.gif
Old 03-10-2005, 02:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Of course Wal-mart! Isn't that where everyone goes for their high performance and state of the art car nourishing ointments?!?! wink1.gif Also check out 3M Surface Refinishing Compound, also found at Wolly World. Same Stuff. The Scratch out is a bit more abrassive, so it takes care of larger scratches and larger areas quicker. I normally go once around with the Scratch Out and then once around with the 3M. The 3M really puts a mirror coat to the finish. Its cheap too! Only about $2.25 for the Scratch Out. Use it on paint, plastic, laminated woods.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: na

guys, Plexus, a plastic cleaner works really good on headlight lenses, it buffs out shallow scratches really easily. I used this on my previous car's headlight. My only complaint is that if the lense is too old, the clean looks goes away after a month or 2...
Old 04-17-2007, 05:30 PM

Can You put pictures again, I cant see them 02.gif
Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 PM

yea could you put the pics up again. I'd really like to see the difference. im interested in if resurfacing the headlights cus im having a hard time seeing with my HIDS. I have never been in an accident and they were professionally installed/and just recently readjusted. I just have no idea why!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

postpics.gif