DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy Auto To Manual Swap And Valeo Hyper Racing Clutch Instal

Old 08-12-2008, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The torque specs should all be on the hmaservice website.

Removing the clutch lines if you have a standard wrench: Not Easy. If you have a crowsfoot wrench: EASY!

I pulled the bigger brass fitting completely out of the master cylinder because it was blocking access. Then, with a standard open ended wrench I STILL couldn't reach the hard line on the M.C. I ended up having to turn it 1/8 turn at a time, flipping the wrench between turns, after bending the brake hardlines up out of the way. If you don't care about the donor car and don't want to cut your regular wrench, you will have to bend the brake lines. If you do care about the donor car, you're going to have to remove the brake booster OR (recommended either way, actually) use one of these:

The line on the slave cylinder was tight enough, I temporarily remounted the slave cylinder on top of the transaxle just so I could apply enough torque to remove it.

Note: pull the spring and restrictor plate while you have the slave cylinder off and are in take-apart mode. Do NOT point the slave cylinder at yourself and push the plunger in. Don't ask me how I know this. owned.gif
Old 08-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tony Vendetta @ Aug 11 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wow I cant believe someone has actually done it, and if that wasnt enuf they documented it. this is defenitely not for a novice.</div>
We've got almost anything you could ever need within our forums. If it isn't here, you can find it at HyundaiAftermarket.org
Old 02-24-2009, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Turbo Tiburon

Doing the swap right now but with OEM parts. I wanted to know if the flywheel spacer is available by itself or does it come in a kit. If it only comes in a kit I would like to know where to get it.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

$25US at the local dealership, just the spacer by itself (when I bought mine last year).

you'll probably have to give them the PN the counter monkey won't know what you're talking about otherwise
Old 02-24-2009, 04:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Turbo Tiburon

Dealership??? Just to make sure we are taking about the same thing, it's the spacer that goes on the crank and then the flywheel goes on the spacer.

It looks like the auto engine crank has a smaller diameter then the crank on a manual. So the flywheel won't center.

If we are talking about the same thing...do you have PN?