DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy = Meccatune Hid Kit

Old 06-26-2007, 04:33 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jun 26 2007, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, you do not do HID's for the highbeams.

Reason being that you need to be able to FLASH your brights, HID's take a couple of seconds to turn on and come fully bright, so this wouldn't work.</div>

Alot of kits temporarily raise voltage to "pop" the HIDs on. Like a jump-start. They get really bright for the first 1/8 of a seccond then they go slightly dimmer then operating and back up. It all happens within like 1/4 seccond. Personally, I perfer that type. But that would still not be good for brights as it would repeatedly pop the HIDs and potentially burn them out.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Nice DIY !! well done !
Old 12-21-2007, 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Regarding Meccatune:

"Meccatune is bankrupt and won't be able to do for warranty so that is the reason we took them off (well there are some left but we will be taking them off soon) Zenon HID, as a matter of fact, has better quality bulbs and they are a lot more popular in Korea. Most importanly, we could offer them at $190 which is $20 cheaper than Meccatune HID kit.
Thanks
KDMguy

On SFR site they are now selling the Zenon kit to replace the meccatune's.

If you receive the Zenon kit there is one minor thing, the bulbs are not shaped like regular bulbs and you will have to modify your clips a bit to make then clip in. They do not have a dish shape all the way around for the clip to set into that stock bulbs have. They also seem a bit fatter so you have to work your clip on them I suppose if you push really hard but i had to take mine out and bend them a bit.

http://www.kdmstuff.com/goods/images...53816cont5.jpg
if you look at the back of the bulb its flat all the way across.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

simple DIY
thanks
well written
Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You are welcome, glad it helped.