Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Xbox 360 heasets! can i get some input?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default Xbox 360 heasets! can i get some input?

I have been looking for a nice/decent headset for my xbox 360 since my 'stock' one has been broken for a while now.

I had heard a LOT of good things about Turtle beach headsets, but when I looked at reviews they seemed to be 'split'.

originally, i was looking at picking up a set of the x31s used because they were in my price range AND wireless.. Then I read about some mic issues and needing to use a rubberband or something to fix it o.O I also looked at the PX21 which seem to be universal, but people say they are easy to break..

I don't really want to spend 50-60$ on something that I am going to have more issues with than the piece of crap that came with the xbox, but if i am going to get a new headset, i'd like something that I can listen to the game volume on the headset rather than the TV.

Doesn't matter to me if its stereo sound, I know it costs quite a bit more for the surround sound headsets.. I'd like them to be a wireless version for ease of use, but it seems like the wireless sets transmitter likes to cause some other issues.. i don't know.

anyone have a nice headset or 50-60$ headset for the xbox 360 that they can give me some input on?

EDIT: upon looking further, i am looking at the x12[new] and x31[used] (x31, kinda worried about the mic issue and RF transmitter interference)

edit edit: what about other brands like madcatz (tritton) or sharkoon?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:00 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Sonata Limited 2.0T

I suppose it depends on what reason you're using them for but frankly you get what you pay for. I have the x11's and I'm still extremely impressed. If you're using them to not disturb the people around you - then what does it matter? If you're using it to get an edge on something, the more you spend the more impressed you'll be. A friend of mine has the $260 pair... and they are gobstopping. With my $70 pair I can still hear you coming from any direction, and they are only 5.1 surround.

Turtle Beaches all the way..
Old 12-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Turtle Beach for sure!

Best Buy online has some sick deals on refurbed Turtles. I got the x31. Regularly like 100bucks, refurbed like 60! f*ck yea!

An amazing headset and cheap!

Here you go bro~!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Get X31's. I rock em.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

well then, i guess that solves it!!

I was just worried about some of the reviews on the x31s popping/cracking, causing Wifi intereference with other devices and the mic problem.. but if you guys use them and really like them, it would be a lot easier to have those than having the wired x12s.

thanks for the input!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

The wife ended up buying me the X12s. They seem to be very similar in specs with the X12 being wired vs. wireless. I 'code hacked' my A/V cable so I can easily move it from room to room.

With all of the good reviews on the x31's there was a fair share of issues with the talkback/mic cable, popping/cracking, wifi interference, etc. The x12s, being wired shouldn't have some of the issues and I couldn't find any mic cable issue reviews. Since the budget was ~60$, I would have had to get used or refurb x31s that most likely wouldn't have been warrantied..

They should be here by friday, super excited!

the wire thing might be kinda inconvenient, but wont need to worry about controller AND headset batteries dying or some other possible issues.

I know a bunch of people have zero issues, but I would have hated to get used ones without ability to return and waste 50$+