Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Windows 7

Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Windows 7

So Microsoft is coming out with a new OS, and its in Beta testing now. I know a couple of people who have installed it on their test workstations, and they say they love it. They're both Linux and Mac guys, so for them to say they really like the new OS is a pretty big deal. Its very fast, and I guess Microsoft killed off all the extra drivers and crap that you dont need, or that made XP and Vista memory hogs. I also heard that they are putting an end to Vista, since its been their worst operating system to date. Not sure how true it is though.

Maybe Microsoft finally got something right and is doing what they should of done years ago. tongue.gif
Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

As long as its an upgrade to Vista, its a good thing.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

Its Vista with touch screen options. Thats all it is, no more or no less.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

I havent had any problems with vista, so I wont upgrade to any new OS any time soon.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Vista sucks from top to bottom. Besides how it looks I like absolutely nothing about the OS.

Windows 7 should be an improvement from what I've read, but I don't have a spare machine to install it on to see how the Beta behaves first hand. Maybe I'll bring one home from work to try it out.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: LC2 Accent GT

Let's hope they got it right this time. I still haven't been able to figure out what they were thinking with Vista. To put a product like that to market after XP which actually, in my opinion, is Microsoft's best showing to date save maybe Win2k, is bad even by M$ standards. I'll toss it on a spare workstation and give it a spin. Ever since Vista hit I've run Linux full time on my desktop and still have XP on my laptop.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM

Vehicle: 02/hyundai/accent

i just finished installing windows 7 on my laptop as an upgrade to vista. i noticed very good portion of performance gains as well as no bugs at all yet (knock on wood) it is very similar but it also robbed the bottom task bar from mac. but so far so good. its only beta 1, the candidate will be more improved and look more like the release verzion
Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai F24S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(omeletduefromage @ Jan 11 2009, 04:24 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>i just finished installing windows 7 on my laptop as an upgrade to vista. i noticed very good portion of performance gains as well as no bugs at all yet (knock on wood) it is very similar but it also robbed the bottom task bar from mac. but so far so good. its only beta 1, the candidate will be more improved and look more like the release verzion</div>
<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">
Too bad Mac ripped that taskbar off from Linux wink.gif

Windows 7 is Microsoft's attempt to solve all the issues that stemmed from the premature Vista release. We'll soon see how well this turns out..

For the record, I used to hate Vista. Once they got that service pack out to fix the issues, it's grown on me. It actually does what you want it to now. (Assuming you know your way around a computer, that is..)</span>
Old 01-14-2009, 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

You can download the Beta at Microsoft.com.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 02 accent

yup. Already burned one bootable DVD for someone to try it out. cool.gif