Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

video cards with HDMI

Old 09-30-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default video cards with HDMI

i want to know if i would need a special cable to get audio onto the video card before transmitting to a tv.

i do not know anything of this subject. would i need a cable to connect to the video card internally or can video cards transmit audio via hdmi without buying extra stuff?

i would like to get a new video card soon, most of the ones i have seen seem to come with mini hdmi to hdmi adaptors.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I've built a few computers with HDMI. I've used ATI cards and never needed to connect anything extra to the motherboard to get audio to come over HDMI. I did have to manually select the video card HDMI output from within Windows though on a couple.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 Sonata Limited 2.0T

187 has the right idea..

If you spend the money on anything decent, so $75+ at this point the audio should be fully integrated. You'll more then likely have the option to split the audio through the HDMI + Soundboard but obviously you want it synced as much as possible. Just about all the boxes at this point will stipulate whether or not its integrated audio compatible. So no, all you'll need is an HDMI cord.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

In Windows you can only output to one sound device at a time, so it will ne the HDMI or onboard audio more than likely.