Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Skynet became self aware this week

Old 08-02-2017, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Elantra
Default Skynet became self aware this week

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2274...-own-language/

Researches at Facebook shut down an artificial intelligence (AI) program after it created its own language, Digital Journalreports.

The system developed code words to make communication more efficient and researchers took it offline when they realized it was no longer using English.

In one exchange revealed by Facebook to Fast Co. Design, two negotiating bots—Bob and Alice—started using their own language to complete a conversation.

“I can i i everything else,” Bob said.

“Balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to,” Alice responded.

The rest of the exchange formed variations of these sentences in the newly-forged dialect, even though the AIs were programmed to use English.

According the researchers, these nonsense phrases are a language the bots developed to communicate how many items each should get in the exchange.

When Bob later says “i i can i i i everything else,” it appears the artificially intelligent bot used its new language to make an offer to Alice.

The Facebook team believes the bot may have been saying something like: “I’ll have three and you have everything else.”